318 Westley Richards in a Winchester 1895

Boxlock

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
SSAA, BGRC
I have a Winchester/Miroku 1895 in 30/06 and was thinking of making it into a safari style rifle after seeing a original Winchester 1895 in 405Win with rear sight as 1 standing 2 folding and front sight with flip over ivory bead , this was not recent mods as this rifle came out of India so I was thinking new calibre of 318 Westley Richards or maybe 9.3x62? any one have any ideas on this to add or advice? thanks

Cheers
Steve

That would be a very cool set to have, a M95 Win in .405Win & .318WR .

Bit harder to get all the .318 components but 9.3x62 or even the great .338/06 (.318WR in new dress) in that lever would be cool.

I was surprised to see many old school photos of DG from Lions, Rhino to Elephant that look to be shot with a 95Win in I suspect .405Win ?

Maybe a 35Win but not sure on the power rating of that caliber, it does look interesting like the 33WCF which I have bits for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fse2467

Latest profile posts

LIMPOPO NORTH SAFARIS wrote on RStien321's profile.
Dear RStien321

I noticed your thread this morning.

We would be thrilled to assit you as mentioned in my comment on your thread.

We as Limpopo North Safaris has numerous areas in limpopo that vary between 10 000 to 24 000 acres that we hunt that has all of the animals on your wish list furthermore we have great deal on cull buffalo cows and bulls.

Please let me know if you might be intrested.

Regards
Sampie
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia