AHR in .550 Magnum

RR 314

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I have had some requests for pictures of my AHR DGR in the diminutive :) .550 Magnum. It is incredibly balanced. The business end is laughable even to look at. I have 300 pieces of brass, including 100 rounds of loaded ammo from Neal Shirley ( the creator of the .550).

I know Krish is interested in building one and I am anxiously awaiting squirrel season.

D50B798E-0EC1-4709-A29B-6D5634C481C0.jpeg
2779D8A4-54C1-442D-9DC5-11F019390C4A.jpeg
8043B669-16B0-434B-9DDC-748A2B4153E2.jpeg
3B341618-06C5-4753-AF6E-D7D3AC05E526.jpeg
AFE55B3D-FCD7-4ADA-99BC-B0EBF0AC4955.jpeg
FA8591B5-59AB-4BB7-8D68-3D94FBA4ABF2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
So what grain bullets are you looking to run in this? And at what velocity? Beautiful rifle by the way.

I was anticipating it .. Thank You.
I haven't had success contacting Wayne regarding a 2nd Hand AHR here, simply don't know the upgrades, In the event it goes up For Sale.

I was anticipating it .. Thank You.
I haven't had success contacting Wayne regarding a 2nd Hand AHR here, simply don't know the upgrades, In the event it goes up For Sale.
No upgrades here. This is his full custom build. No CZ banner on action, his 3-pos safety, mercury reducers etc. I think the only offering this one doesn’t have is fleur de lis pattern in stock.

No upgrades here. This is his full custom build. No CZ banner on action, his 3-pos safety, mercury reducers etc. I think the only offering this one doesn’t have is fleur de lis pattern in stock.
Thanks .. it looks the same. Matrix may be able to assist with a serial #. I didn't realize there were numbered upgrades until some listings showed up here on AH.
I don't have a lot, or knowledge to compare by, but that AHR is the finest Bolt I've experienced. Nice .550!

Thanks .. it looks the same. Matrix may be able to assist with a serial #. I didn't realize there were numbered upgrades until some listings showed up here on AH.
I don't have a lot, or knowledge to compare by, but that AHR is the finest Bolt I've experienced. Nice .550!
That is a spectacular .500J. I don’t have any questions about my rifle. I don’t believe Matrix would have any knowledge of it. Messed with it some and mounted a Leupold delta point pro from Mark Biggerstaff on Wayne’s mount since taking the pictures.

That is a spectacular .500J. I don’t have any questions about my rifle. I don’t believe Matrix would have any knowledge of it. Messed with it some and mounted a Leupold delta point pro from Mark Biggerstaff on Wayne’s mount since taking the pictures.
Likewise, to your .550! I simply had no idea it existed until it was mentioned here .. What a Cartridge! The research alone has been a pleasure. Many Thanks

Krish, very nice work. What case length are you using?

Krish, very nice work. What case length are you using?
From memory (which fails at times), I don’t believe Krish has loaded for/shot his. This is some load data from Mr. Shirley. OAL should be between these two.

383C1D3D-1C52-437B-8C82-5F59EA2601B3.jpeg
1767DA9A-CB37-43FD-800A-4CD154407368.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have loaded dummy rounds as per the above table. My magazine, bottom metal, feed rails needs some work to function the way I would like. Right now it is single stack. I am still in the process of thinking which actions to use for the project. 1) MRC MAGNUM, 2) CZ 550 MAGNUM, 3) GMA MAGNUM.. Have these actions handy.
Krish

I’m pretty sure that’s going to have more recoil than I’d like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justin D.

Latest profile posts

LIMPOPO NORTH SAFARIS wrote on RStien321's profile.
Dear RStien321

I noticed your thread this morning.

We would be thrilled to assit you as mentioned in my comment on your thread.

We as Limpopo North Safaris has numerous areas in limpopo that vary between 10 000 to 24 000 acres that we hunt that has all of the animals on your wish list furthermore we have great deal on cull buffalo cows and bulls.

Please let me know if you might be intrested.

Regards
Sampie
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia