Children getting jet lag on Safari

Mountaineer

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
My daughter is considering bringing along her daughter on our safari next year. Her daughter will be slightly over 1 year old. We are 7 time zones behind southern Africa. Has anyone tried this and how do young kids adjust to the new time zone? Thanks.

We took my oldest at 6mo. to Ireland. They are usually off clock about like anyone else, but it usually resolves in a day or so.

Same things as adults, focus on keeping the home schedule (adjusted to the new time zone) and getting them outside to get the circadian rhythm lined up. There will be fussing and crying, but kids are pretty resilient.

I traveled internationally a lot with my kids. They adapt quicker than adults. But the first couple days are still difficult for everyone.
As I get older, time change is slightly more difficult. But if you stay busy, and add the excitement of a trip, it easy to power through the first few days.

I’ve had a few overseas flights where I spent most of the time on the flight standing/walking with a young kid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mymobilityscooters3360

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia