Hoas

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
BY JOHN NASH

T
his week, I have been remembering a silly school joke:

One evening, a policeman came across a strange fellow who was walking down the street in
Penzance, throwing, in all directions, handfuls of white powder from a cloth bag.
“Allo, ‘allo” enquired plod, “And what are we doing, Sir?
“This here be elephant repellent, constable. Good stuff. It keeps elephants away”, slurred the man, flinging another handful, obviously either neurodivergent or substance-affected in modern parlance.
“Let’s not be a stupid fellow, Sir,” sniffed the policeman, reaching for his pencil and notebook,
“There are no elephants for thousands of miles from here”.
“There you are,” replied the man, “I told you it was blerry good stuff”.
Apart from hailing from a time, long ago, before PC’s went PC, when British policemen were helpful, respectful and sane, I hope the joke sounds better in German. Our Teutonic neighbours are going to need the powder because last week, after the German government announced it would seek to ban the importation of hunting trophies, Botswana’s President Masisi threatened to send 20,000 elephants to Berlin so that Germans could learn what it is like to live with real ones. As they don’t say in Penzance, “Verdammter Scheiß!”

People like Townies who don’t actually live with them often have a fascination with wild animals, especially charismatic megafauna they don’t encounter in their everyday lives. They are so easily led astray by animal rights (AR) souls, vegans and other jelly-heads with vegetables to grind. Foreigners and even urban Africans have been raised on elephant documentaries, nature programmes, and media coverage that highlights the lives and behaviour of wild elephants, showcasing their intelligence, social dynamics and family bonds. These portrayals humanise elephants and foster empathy and admiration for them. Our own Parliament’s demented AR souls are no different, recently leading the House astray with two hours of blatant porkies in the 2nd reading of the Hunting Trophies (Import Prohibition) Private Member’s drivel.

Continue...

Screenshot_8.jpg

That was a great read. Thanks for sharing it.

While hunting Elephant in Zimbabwe North and West of Hwange, one of the trackers told me if they banned hunting of Elephants and Cats, they would get readably available poison from the mines and poison the waterholes. The locals like the meat and the money that comes from the hunters, if the animals are just there to ruin crops and livestock with no benefit to the locals, they will fix the problem whether the Greenies like it or not

YAY! White people telling Africans what can be done with their resources. Hate this stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pedrofah

Latest profile posts

LIMPOPO NORTH SAFARIS wrote on RStien321's profile.
Dear RStien321

I noticed your thread this morning.

We would be thrilled to assit you as mentioned in my comment on your thread.

We as Limpopo North Safaris has numerous areas in limpopo that vary between 10 000 to 24 000 acres that we hunt that has all of the animals on your wish list furthermore we have great deal on cull buffalo cows and bulls.

Please let me know if you might be intrested.

Regards
Sampie
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia