Website
www.nyamazanasafaris.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB ,ZIMBABWE PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS AND GUIDES. SCI.
Hunted
TANZANIA ,ZIMBABWE , NEW ZEALAND , USA, SOUTH AFRICA
Thank you to all the clients new and old for your support.. A big thank you to my dedicated crew PH’s and all members of the staff that make it possible.. last but not least to my wife Jen that handles all admin / paperwork and permits…
Image1680080924.311566.jpg
Image1680080971.734753.jpg
Image1680081023.796987.jpg
Image1680081036.739961.jpg

Great results so far this year. I just got my leopard back from the taxidermists- he’s a real brut. I agree with your remarks about Jen. She treated me like family when I had a slight medical issue at the end of my safari- you’re a very lucky man! Continued success !

I just made a hunt with Wayne, and I am pictured in the top two photos above.

I booked the hunt directly with Wayne last fall, which was an easy experience.

I arrived in Bulawayo, after transiting through and overnighting in JHB. I got the typical runaround getting my guns inspected and such, but Wayne was still waiting for me when I left the airport, even though I was the very last passenger to depart.

I stayed at his tent camp near the town of Gwai, which was very well placed in a grove of mature Mopane trees. The food was good and the camp staff were all very pleasant. Wayne's son Dave accompanied us for the entire hunt as an apprentice PH. He is a pleasure to be around and we really enjoyed having him there. He was especially useful for translating African slang into American English. Sho!!

We had some issues with a pride of lions that liked to wander around camp and steal the trackers biltong. Wayne assured me he arranges that for every hunt, to enhance the African wilderness experience.

While this is true, wild, free-range hunting and nothing is guaranteed, I actually took two bulls in four days. Not sure that Wayne will always guarantee that though. :) We ate a lot of freshly disassembled (as in cooked directly next to the elephant) elephant kababs, cooked over Mopane wood fires. You don't do that on every hunt.

Since we were done hunting elephant early, and the plains-game hunting was particularly tough with all of the leaves still on the trees, I took the opportunity to hunt crocodile in the Gwai river. We used a piece of elephant trunk as bait, since the lions stole the baboon we had shot for the purpose. We built a blind one afternoon, and shot a nice crocodile the next morning.

We went back to Bulawayo one night early, to make the trip to the airport less stressful. Wayne possesses a level of pothole dodging skill that is rarely seen in the developed world. If this PH deal doesn't work out, he will make an exceptional rally car or Baja driver.

Wayne hooked us up with a room at the Banff Hotel, which was originally started by a guy from Canada, hence the name. They have an exceptional restaurant.....I recommend the Piri-Piri prawns.

It was definitely a great experience and I would not hesitate to hunt with Wayne again.

Best,

Chet

Last edited:
When I read posts like above it warms ones heart and takes me back quite a few years to when I hunted with Wayne. Its so nice to see people say the exact same things and feel the same as I felt on and after our ele hunt many years ago. Tent camp, eating ele and being there for meat distribution, being welcomed into his home, meeting Jen and his boys, they were much younger then but still part of Wayne's team. An outstanding PH then and still today.

I am doing my best, as one day we will share another camp Wayne.

Still saying thanks for the memories and hunt you provided.

MB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Swag

Latest profile posts

LIMPOPO NORTH SAFARIS wrote on RStien321's profile.
Dear RStien321

I noticed your thread this morning.

We would be thrilled to assit you as mentioned in my comment on your thread.

We as Limpopo North Safaris has numerous areas in limpopo that vary between 10 000 to 24 000 acres that we hunt that has all of the animals on your wish list furthermore we have great deal on cull buffalo cows and bulls.

Please let me know if you might be intrested.

Regards
Sampie
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia