Renato Gamba Safari Double Rifle 375 H&H

Solid rifle. Strong lock-up. They're generally well finished. Good metallurgy indicative of Italian guns. Overall good value for what they are.

Because most hunters have not been exposed to them, used market sale prices are generally low for what they offer. The low side of a 98% condition boxlock gun would be about $6,000 and high side of the price range sometimes approaches $8,500-$9,000 at the asking price level. Any such conditioned gun in the $6,000 to $7,500 range would be really good value for a strong, modern O/U double. I would lastly offer that resale is generally tough for the reason mentioned above. So, just keep it and use it.

30 years ago I was visiting a few of our vendor factories Gardone Val Trompia, Italy. While driving through town, we passed by so many small, high end gunmakers with recognizable but not famous names.
The gates of Renato Gamba were open so we drove right in. My wife and I spent a few hours with the younger Gamba and his sister, they treated us like we were important and that was fun.
The point to this however is that the walls were covered with pictures of very famous people, including more than one president, holding their Gamba shotguns, at that time, Renato Gamba was a top tier gunmaker

Gamba shotguns were here in Norway for many years if you were a trap or skeet shooter aswell as small things one of the best ones or a must if you were good enough to compete in higher classes of fhe shoot. Ranked same level as Perazzi.

Thanks to everyone for the info. I viewed the rifle last night and it was in perfect condition. Not a single mark. Hand checkered and every piece of metal was carved. So this morning I am it’s new owner. This is my first double rifle!

Thanks to everyone for the info. I viewed the rifle last night and it was in perfect condition. Not a single mark. Hand checkered and every piece of metal was carved. So this morning I am it’s new owner. This is my first double rifle!
Congratulations! Some more pictures will be welcomed by all :)

They failed to attach. I’ll have my kids attach them. LOL

Well done, please also keep us abreast of how it goes at the range too.

I have test fired two shots off sandbags. 1.25 inch group at 50 yards. Tomorrow I plan to shoot a lot.

DC8D74D4-A93F-492C-B2B5-A20D96C6F2F4.jpeg

02B663CB-34FF-48C7-BF8E-141460DE57EF.jpeg

Range results from yesterday. 300 grain Fusion ammo off sand bags at 50 yards.

02b663cb-34ff-48c7-bf8e-141460de57ef-jpeg.485572

Range results from yesterday. 300 grain Fusion ammo off sand bags at 50 yards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice looking rifle! Congratulations! Enjoy owning it and shooting it.
It's a beauty!

4A20C54D-AE6C-4701-9843-2C61E7698390.jpeg

300 grain Fusion 100 yards. Wish all my rifles shot like this. Admittedly, these groups were only shot with the top barrel. The groups are about 1.25 inches when I use both barrels.

Congratulations! That’s a beauty and regulated quite well. If you’re getting 1.25” groups at 100 you have found a good load for it.

They had a very good reputation amongst Italian club members at our local clay bird club who regarded them as top tier but not as well known as the other more well known Italian shotguns.
It sure is a good looking rifle congratulations, I am particularly fond of the Kersten action

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amigotyres

Latest profile posts

akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia
TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!