Sale Norma Large Game 308 Winchester 180gr Oryx $144.95 / 5 Boxes (100 Rounds)

RAVEN ROCKS PRECISION

Sponsor
Since 2023
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Website
ravenrocksprecision.com
Deals & offers
Media
Not dangerous game, but still quality ammo: Sale on (5) boxes of (100 total rounds) rounds 308 Winchester 180gr Oryx Large game hunting ammo. This 308 Winchester hunting ammo is loaded with the Norma 180gr Oryx bullets. Made in Sweden. Free shipping over $150.

Check out some of our other new listings when you get a chance, we are adding more every week. Thanks for your continued business.

308OryxAmmo-1 (1).jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-03-16 at 8.25.13 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-16 at 8.25.13 AM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 97
  • Screen Shot 2023-03-16 at 8.25.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-16 at 8.25.15 AM.png
    553.2 KB · Views: 92
Last edited by a moderator:
Is this the “real” Norma not the stuff made by GECO in Germany with a Norma label?

Yes, this made in Sweden. All of the Norma ammo and brass on our website is manufactured in Sweden.

That is one heck of a deal ! Norma ammunition ranks amongst the best. Geco are the budget end of RWS ammunition but still a quality cartridge. @wesheltonj are you sure about this ?

Norma is building a ammo plant in Savanah GA and will be making their own primers .I hope they made the big Weatherby calibers their too .

That is one heck of a deal ! Norma ammunition ranks amongst the best. Geco are the budget end of RWS ammunition but still a quality cartridge. @wesheltonj are you sure about this ?
I think he was asking if it was Geco. This is definitely norma made out of Sweden. I don't carry the Geco ammo.

All the high end Norma brass and hunting ammo (i.e. BondStrike, Oryx) are still made in Sweden.

Some of the 5.56 brass and some of the match bullets are made in Thun, Switzerland.

Some of the 5.56 brass is made in Thun, as well as in Hungary.

The norma Tactical line (i.e. 7.62x39 ammo) is made in Hungary.

The norma proprietary primers in the primed 308 brass I have for sale on the website were made in Germany (brass is still made in Sweden).

FWIW, the Nosler DG brass we have in stock was made by Norma and so is all of the Weatherby.

I hope that helps a little -- more than happy to answer questions if I can.
Norma is building a ammo plant in Savanah GA and will be making their own primers .I hope they made the big Weatherby calibers their too .
Yes, this is true and great news. Can't say if they'll be making their own primers for sure, but I'm really hoping that in 3 years or so, they'll be producing more of the harder to find brass in the U.S.

The reason I was asking was, a couple of months ago at an Academy store, there was some Norma Ammo (White-tail), when I looked at the box it said made in Germany. The real stuff is made in Sweden. I would not have any concerns if it was RWS, however I am not going to pay a premium for Norma made by Geco.

I know Norma is building a factory in the USA. Not sure if would pay a premium for USA made Norma.

The reason I was asking was, a couple of months ago at an Academy store, there was some Norma Ammo (White-tail), when I looked at the box it said made in Germany. The real stuff is made in Sweden. I would not have any concerns if it was RWS, however I am not going to pay a premium for Norma made by Geco.

I know Norma is building a factory in the USA. Not sure if would pay a premium for USA made Norma.
whitetail1.jpg

I wasn't aware that any of the whitetail ammo was made in Germany... The stuff we have in stock right now (300 Win Mag and 30-06 White Tail) are both made in Sweden. Pictures for reference.

I just checked the other SKUs we have in stock for anyone who is curious, the Norma pistol ammo we have is all is marked made in Hungary (to include MHP and JHP). The 7.62x39 and 5.56 Tactical are made in Hungary as well. The only made in Germany Norma ammo we have the 22 Long Rifle (Ecospeed and Tactical Subsonic). The match grade (Golden Target) is made in Sweden, as is the Bondstrike, Tipstrike, and whitetail we have.

Even the 308 Win ammo we have which is loaded with a Swift A-Frame bullet (not the same as the Oryx listed) was manufactured in Sweden. The 7.7 Japanese ammo that we'll have in stock tomorrow was just imported from Sweden. Again, these are just a few data points and there could very well be exceptions. In fact, some of the norma handgun ammo is already being manufactured stateside.

All that being said, we'll make sure to include country of origin in our future posts to help out!

As always, reach out directly with any questions and thanks for all the business so far.

Attachments

• whitetail2.jpg
    whitetail2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 67
  • a-frame.jpg
    a-frame.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 64

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrewslugh

Latest profile posts

LIMPOPO NORTH SAFARIS wrote on RStien321's profile.
Dear RStien321

I noticed your thread this morning.

We would be thrilled to assit you as mentioned in my comment on your thread.

We as Limpopo North Safaris has numerous areas in limpopo that vary between 10 000 to 24 000 acres that we hunt that has all of the animals on your wish list furthermore we have great deal on cull buffalo cows and bulls.

Please let me know if you might be intrested.

Regards
Sampie
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia