7x64 cartridge/rifle clue me up

Thanks Russ,

I can try these. I have played with a few Atomic 29 projectiles. I’ve been over to Naracoorte and was introduced to Cameron.

As for the 7x64 I guess I hadn’t got to trying these yet but Im able to access the local range so it’s an option. The load data from the seller is an accurate load but I like to try things.

I have Atomic 29 projectiles loaded for my .300wm I can only get around 1” with that from any load but it’s probably reasonable accuracy for hunting. I’m thinking Sambar.
@CBH Australia
Chris I worked up some loads for my Whelen with the 220gn atomics. 3/4" groups and 2,900 fps. Have yet to shoot something with them.
Bob

Hey mate,

Have you considered using the Aussie made Atomic 29 projectiles in your wife's rifle?
I just checked their website and they make a 135gn projectile.
I'm not sure what speed you'd get from a bullet that weight... over 3000fps?

I can completely vouch for these projectiles as these are what l use in my 425 Express and what l used in my 308 Norma.
They shoot really accurately (y)

Russ
Here's a boar from a couple of days back. Atomic 135gr 7x64 Mauser66 @ 23m, enter shoulder out neck for drop on the spot. Stoked

N9Eb94.jpg
ssU0Vh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Unusual dog/ dingo with the 66. Drop on spot.

Knobby 70m
Nicely done bud, got a bit of Tassie Tiger in him, must be a Thylacine cross lol ?

You know I’d keep that pelt, be cool rug ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ingrid7056

Latest profile posts

LIMPOPO NORTH SAFARIS wrote on RStien321's profile.
Dear RStien321

I noticed your thread this morning.

We would be thrilled to assit you as mentioned in my comment on your thread.

We as Limpopo North Safaris has numerous areas in limpopo that vary between 10 000 to 24 000 acres that we hunt that has all of the animals on your wish list furthermore we have great deal on cull buffalo cows and bulls.

Please let me know if you might be intrested.

Regards
Sampie
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia