A beautiful snake

Freaking hate cottonmouths! If you are attentive, you can often smell them.

But I wouldn’t count on it. :cool:
I hate the damn things too. Rattlesnakes and copperheads generally get a pass from me unless I have to come back across their path in the dark or if they're in the yard, they have to die in those cases.
The copperhead that I posted the pic of, I just moved him along with a stick.

Only ever seen a couple of coral snakes in the wild and those were both very deep in swamps in old rotten logs while turkey hunting. They were both docile and didn't even notice me.

Moccasins on the other hand I have no use for!

@odonata , as far as cottonmouth’s go that is a pretty one. In my neck of the swamp when they are adults they tend to turn black.

@Flipper Dude , I can vouch for smelling those things, sniffed out a few back when I was catching them to sell for research studies at Auburn.

Freaking hate cottonmouths! If you are attentive, you can often smell them.

But I wouldn’t count on it. :cool:
I've definitely smelled moccasins when they were in breeding balls in creeks.

I've always heard that copperheads smell like cucumbers, I never got close enough to a live one to find that out!

I'm not a big housecat fan, but I will say that it's hard to beat a good old farm or country cat when it comes to keeping venomous snakes out of the yard.

I've also seen domestic pigs stomp and eat rattlesnakes while take multiple hits with no effect.

][emoji6]][emoji6][emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]" data-quote="Field[emoji[emoji6]]" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
I'm not a big housecat fan, but I will say that it's hard to beat a good old farm or country cat when it comes to keeping venomous snakes out of the yard.

I've also seen domestic pigs stomp and eat rattlesnakes while take multiple hits with no effect.

Yes, pigs are wicked in snakes. If you want to see a pig go bat sh— crazy, throw a snake in their pen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brendariedinnger

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

LIMPOPO NORTH SAFARIS wrote on RStien321's profile.
Dear RStien321

I noticed your thread this morning.

We would be thrilled to assit you as mentioned in my comment on your thread.

We as Limpopo North Safaris has numerous areas in limpopo that vary between 10 000 to 24 000 acres that we hunt that has all of the animals on your wish list furthermore we have great deal on cull buffalo cows and bulls.

Please let me know if you might be intrested.

Regards
Sampie
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia