Rare Breed

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Liesl, the wife of Lon Denny just let me know Lon Denny passed peacefully at his home in Mlblizi. He was such a great man and and outstanding person in every way!!! I feel so honored and privileged to both have met him and called him my friend!!!! To me and so many others he is a legend !!! Tokoloshe is a name known to us all!!! His wife, Liesl, a great PH in her own right is continuing Tokoloshe and I for one will be hunting with them again as under Liesl’s leadership Tokoloshe will provide an old Africa type hunt for many years to come!!! When I sit again at their beautiful bar above their home on Lake Karibe, I will always lift a glass in memory to this great man!!!!!

Liesl, the wife of Lon Denny just let me know Lon Denny passed peacefully at his home in Mlblizi. He was such a great man and and outstanding person in every way!!! I feel so honored and privileged to both have met him and called him my friend!!!! To me and so many others he is a legend !!! Tokoloshe is a name known to us all!!! His wife, Liesl, a great PH in her own right is continuing Tokoloshe and I for one will be hunting with them again as under Liesl’s leadership Tokoloshe will provide an old Africa type hunt for many years to come!!! When I sit again at their beautiful bar above their home on Lake Karibe, I will always lift a glass in memory to this great man!!!!!
Very sorry to hear this! Sad day for AH

Thank you for letting us know. When I last communicated with Lon a few weeks ago I sensed he felt his time was near. The great respect I sense from those who knew him will carry his legacy. I hope to hunt with Liesl and Tokoloshe next year. Gods speed to Lon and comfort to Liesl

I am so sorry to hear this. He fought this thing courageously for so long. This site and all who participate will be much poorer for his passing.

What a sad day. Our deepest condolences to his family, and may God provide comfort during these sad days. Lon, may you rest in peace and enjoy the green fields of Heaven.

Tremendously sad. I so admired his courage and enjoyed his down-to-earth wisdom from years of experience. I looked forward to meeting him one day. Prayers and condolences.

I knew him only through his posts, but I loved his humor and his contributions here, and will miss that. Sorry not to have met him. As Piet-Vis said, "Happy Hunting."

Very sad to hear. It is difficult for me to explain but when I read a post by Lon I just knew that it was nothing but the truth.
Condolences to Liesl and team Tokoloshe.

Condolences to his wife and their entire team.

So very sad to hear. I never met the man, but I enjoyed reading his contributions here on AH. He seemed very knowledgeable and experienced. My thoughts and prayers to his wife, family and friends. RIP Lon Denny.

That really wrecked my day. In many ways we were kindred spirits. Would loved to have met him personally. Someone post a photo.

We knew it was coming. His battle is over. I am glad for that at least. Was his daughter able to get away and be there? He was so proud of her. Colonel in the air force if I recall correctly. He was retired light colonel. Hopefully, we will see a full obit posted here.

My condolences to his family. We will miss his contributions on AH. Glad to hear Tokoloshe will continue.

My deepest condolences, RIP. May you be in the eternal hunting grounds.

Very sad news. May Lon rest in peace and his family and loved ones be comforted by the fond memories of a life well lived.

I never met Lon but did exchange a few PMs with him over the years. I always enjoyed reading his posts, as they were always respectful and authoritative. Lon will indeed be missed. RIP sir!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dKimeTooheldidge

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia