Archery season has begun! 2024

Datchew

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
School of hard knocks
Hunted
Texas, Oregon, Washington, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Kansas, Oklahoma, Maine, Tennessee
First weekend testing my new ground blind.

So far so good. I'm close enough to hear them chewing.

Burgers on the grill, then a nap, then back to the blind!

1000005413.jpg

My little archery plot was fertilized yesterday and a good steady rain last night and today, the germination was good so it should be ready for our opener on the 15th.

I think that would be considered quite a whopper just about anywhere. :D

Is that a split brow tine on the deers right?

Beautiful Whitetail there bud, extremely well done !

Did he dive down on string release ?

Yes looks like maybe 17-18pts be none typical ?

If you get in early like this before too much fighting or rubbing small points off it can equal top scoring to.

Last edited:
Couple extra bumps on the brows. Yes, lucky as they are just starting to rut and got him before he got all broken up. Those brows would be the first to go. I think he did jump the string a bit at 20 yards. I was thinking after the shot I hit the last few deer high, need to start shooting at the brisket line I guess. The bow is really quiet but not to the deer evidently.

@Trophyhunter01 wow!
What a toad!!! Congrats.

I had just about given up on bow season this year. Had a big boy duck my arrow a couple weeks back which pissed me off. I pouted and then got over it. Lol

Today I was waiting in the blind and reading a book when this guy came in thrashing the trees and bushes.

I wrap up my face in a shemagh when blind hunting and hadn't yet done so. Lazy day, hot, was waiting it out and sucked into my book

This guy was completely indifferent to me and he looked right at me!!
Too busy chasing the girls.
Today it cost him.

Attachments

• PXL_20241026_233732538.MP.jpg
    PXL_20241026_233732538.MP.jpg
    8 MB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20241026_232022171.jpg
    PXL_20241026_232022171.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 7
That’s a keeper, nice tine length on that buck. Archery is a fun but frustrating thing.

Yes bit of a catch 22 if farther out more time to move & if too close, hear the string or release & jump the arrow .

I always aim for low heart shot if I’m really close since I spined a meat deer years ago & it was crawling off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ingrid7056

Latest profile posts

LIMPOPO NORTH SAFARIS wrote on RStien321's profile.
Dear RStien321

I noticed your thread this morning.

We would be thrilled to assit you as mentioned in my comment on your thread.

We as Limpopo North Safaris has numerous areas in limpopo that vary between 10 000 to 24 000 acres that we hunt that has all of the animals on your wish list furthermore we have great deal on cull buffalo cows and bulls.

Please let me know if you might be intrested.

Regards
Sampie
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia