Canada Moose with Tahltan Outfitters British Columbia

Congratulations!! :D Beers:

Thank You for sharing. Great accomplishment for sure

Congratulations on completing your quest for the 29 and another great hunt.

Nice! Which of the 29 was your favourite to hunt?

Awesome experience/hunt! Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Well done! Thanks for sharing your great adventure and accomplishment with us. I really enjoyed reading it.

Day 12

I woke to noise in the cabin, then the generator came on. I got dressed and went over to the cook shack. This is the last hunting day for Ovi and Fernando. Ovi in search of Caribou and Fernando either Moose or Caribou.

Jim told me the plan would be in around one so when the hunters headed out I packed my bags and got organized. I heard the familiar sound of the Beaver about 12:40 as he circled the lake and came in for a landing.
View attachment 641463
We got it unloaded, then loaded again and headed to Dease Lake. Once at the floatplane base, I got my pickup and loaded my gear, the hides and horns and was on the road by two.

It rained most of the way back and I noticed how the snow on the mountains had increased significantly since coming through ten days ago.

I rolled into Smithers just before nine and got checked in to the hotel and went to the bar for a drink and burger. Back to the room for a much needed shower I was in bed by ten and almost immediately fell asleep.

Day 13

It’s Thanksgiving Holiday weekend in Canada and I got up and went to Mass. It’s a beautiful Fall day and my mind went fast forward to Thanksgiving in the States next month. I have lived an amazing life and give GOD thanks constantly for my many blessings.

I met the taxidermist after church then back to the hotel to make calls to my wife and kids to catch up with all of them.

My flight out of Smithers is shortly after ten in the morning and if all goes well I will be back in San Antonio at midnight.

In retrospect, I enjoyed my two previous hunts for Canadian Moose, even though unsuccessful. Having completed my quest for the North American 29 on a traditional Western hunt by horseback in a very remote hunting area just seemed to be an appropriate ending.

I’ll never forget this place, the people and the experiences I had, I count them all as blessings. GOD IS GREAT!
VERY WELL WRITTEN — better then most Outdoor writers because there was no BS or product endorsements !!

Nice! Which of the 29 was your favourite to hunt?
Thanks @UKHunter that is such a hard question as every hunt was special to me. I’ve always been a deer hunter so the Whitetail is an all time favorite. But out of the 29, probably my Desert Bighorn hunted in Mexico. My son Parker was able to join me and he climbed the mountain with me and was right by my side. It was the longest shot I’d ever taken (500M) and harvested an amazing 10 year old ram.

IMG_5177.jpeg

Here’s a YouTube link to the hunt, enjoy!

Well, you finally made it, congrats :D Cheers:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mshmsh

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia