Schmidty

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Canada, USA, South Africa
Hi everyone and thanks in advance for any feedback here.

I am looking at a firearm (shotgun or rifle ) whitetail hunt recommendation in preferably Kansas or Illinois. My dad and are looking into a hunt to book. I have "Googled" a lot of different places but I am wondering if anyone on here has any experience or recommendations.

If you’re looking for a good fair chase whitetail outfitter look at the link below and call Chris Fischvogt he runs a great outfit out of Indiana. I believe Tasha are over the counter for non resident but discuss details with Chris.

If you’re looking for a good fair chase whitetail outfitter look at the link below and call Chris Fischvogt he runs a great outfit out of Indiana. I believe Tasha are over the counter for non resident but discuss details with Chris.

Thank you, yes I should have mentioned fair chase and I also am not locked into any particular state. What I am looking for is an experience in a place that has the potential for a nice mature buck. The score does not matter.

Thank you, yes I should have mentioned fair chase and I also am not locked into any particular state. What I am looking for is an experience in a place that has the potential for a nice mature buck. The score does not matter.
I’ve hunted deer all over the US. Michigan, Illinois, Ohio, Kansas, Iowa, Arkansas, Wyoming, Minnesota, Indiana, Oklahoma. I’m probably forgetting all of them. I highly recommend Indiana as a sleeper go to location for whitetail. The biggest free roaming whitetail I’ve ever put eyes on in the wild was in Indiana and it was well over 200 inches. Not saying other states aren’t great, because they are. Ohio has been a hot spot The last few years. The trick is to find a reputable professional outfitter with a high potential to be successful. Muskatatuk outfitters is worth looking into.

I’ve hunted deer all over the US. Michigan, Illinois, Ohio, Kansas, Iowa, Arkansas, Wyoming, Minnesota, Indiana, Oklahoma. I’m probably forgetting all of them. I highly recommend Indiana as a sleeper go to location for whitetail. The biggest free roaming whitetail I’ve ever put eyes on in the wild was in Indiana and it was well over 200 inches. Not saying other states aren’t great, because they are. Ohio has been a hot spot The last few years. The trick is to find a reputable professional outfitter with a high potential to be successful. Muskatatuk outfitters is worth looking into.
Great advice. I live and deer hunt in west Central Minnesota. I am fortunate to be able to hunt my land and have taken a few nice mature bucks. I have been on outfitted hunts for other species in other states, Canada, and Africa but I have never experienced a guided deer hunt.

You might consider checking out Indian Hill Outfitters in Clarksville, MO (www.indianhillhunts.com). I've not hunted with them yet (they are on my short list) but heard good reports about them and Missouri does not require a draw tag for non-residents like Iowa or Illinois does. They are in Pike County which is supposed to be a big buck haven and have over 10,000 acres to hunt supposedly.

I sound like an advertisement for them but I'm not, they have just caught my attention and I would love to hear if anyone else has hunted with them. I'm doing a late season muzzleloader hunt this coming January in southern Iowa not far from this area.

I lived in Indiana for 13 years and shot several whitetails there but all were on public land hunts and never saw any big deer, like many places if on public land the motto "if it's brown it's down" seemed to apply everywhere I went so nothing lived long enough to get beyond 3 years of age it seemed like. I would definitely do an outfitted deer hunt in Indiana so you have a chance at an older deer, Indana definitely has the right habitat to grow big deer.

I have hunted with Buck chasers 3 times and really like what they have to offer. Chris runs a tight outfit with minimum size requirements to keep genetics going. He books far out , but may have some openings

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corey0123

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia