DSC 2025 in Atlanta....are you going?

Are you planning to attend the DSC convention in Atlanta in 2025?

• Yes

Votes: 45 32.6%
  • No

Votes: 62 44.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 31 22.5%

• Total voters
There does seem to be considerable turmoil within DSC of late. I hate to see it. It was a great organization and I am a life member of both DSC and SCI but it looks like with the move to Atlanta, the loss of the Weatherby Award affiliation to SCI and now their CEO leaving of his own volition or otherwise they seem to be in a bit of a tailspin. Never understood the move to Atlanta, I get the convention center issues but with SCI in Nashville I think they have the southeast covered, not to mention logistics problems for their volunteers. Oh well... now with SCI's move to San Antonio and the TTHA grabbing DSC's spot in Dallas it will be interesting to see how this plays out...

Complete cluster starting with total arrogance with a side of abysmal communication. I was SHOCKED there was no change in leadership up until that email.
I am clearly biased but I took the whole thing as "Don't care if you like it or not but keep giving us your money and support."
There needs to be a total revamp or DSC dies and SCI gets all the dollars.

Yes....as many of us have said, it was HOW they did it that sucked. Stunning that they would make a huge decision like that and only inform the membership afterwards. Kind of like what happened with their "name change" to DSC. They have no idea what their membership is looking for. To this day, there has been no survey to ask membership about any of this. It's a cluster for sure.

Any news on weather AH will continue to have a dinner Friday night, in Alanta for DSC? Could find anything on the forums, or failed searching.

I can only attend one.
SCI: YES. DSC: NO.

Currently, no plans to attend either. Already booked for 2025. If still alive and able to travel in 2026 back to Europe somewhere.

As we all know the DSC convention will be in Atlanta for at least the next 3 years. There was talk around the convention floor this year that attendance will go down. It would certainly not surprise me as many who attend are either Dallas locals or live within reasonably short driving distance to Dallas. Our group here on AH certainly has plenty of Texas members, but also many not from Dallas or even close to Texas. In the interest of working on next years AH get together, I'd like to get a feel for how many plan to travel to Atlanta for our annual party.

I know this comes so short after last week's convention. But the planning for the dinner is essentially a do-over and I know nothing about Atlanta. As such I don't want to wait on planning. The poll does not have an end date and you can switch your answer if you wish. I'd like to give this poll a month or two for response and will occasionally do a Back To the Top reply to keep it on everyone's eyes.

It would be good to know when your participate in the poll if you can reply in the thread if you've attended before or not. This would also give us a feel for if we're new attendees will be essentially be replacing those who choose not to attend in Atlanta.

Thanks in advance for participating.
What is the status on this?

What is the status on this?

As it seemed that AH attendance would be quite low in Atlanta I did not make an effort to continue the AH get together. And as it turns out with the TTHA show in Dallas the same weekend as DSC in Atlanta, @JKO HUNTING SAFARIS who bought a booth at this show too needs me to be in Dallas for that show. So I will not be attending DSC this year. First show I'll have missed since I first attended in 2012 except for the Covid year.

As it seemed that AH attendance would be quite low in Atlanta I did not make an effort to continue the AH get together. And as it turns out with the TTHA show in Dallas the same weekend as DSC in Atlanta, @JKO HUNTING SAFARIS who bought a booth at this show too needs me to be in Dallas for that show. So I will not be attending DSC this year. First show I'll have missed since I first attended in 2012 except for the Covid year.
Thanks for the update and fully understand.

With that being said, if anyone wants to get together for a steak in Atlanta, let me know. I am sure we can work something out.

We’ll be throwing a party for the TTHA attendees this year instead of our normal DSC party… plan on swinging by after the show on Saturday night!

We have booked reservations for TTHA in Dallas this year. Sorry that DSC can't support their own.

We’d love to have you guys back over for the party as well!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DirkSleep

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia