Rare Breed

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Does anyone know of paper life size leopard targets at different elephants for sale? I bought a red pig light and want to hang it in a tree on my farm. I want to attach a series of life size leopard pictures in different positions attach them to a board and hang it in a tree beneath the light. I will then practice at night sitting as in a blind, turning on the light then shooting the leopard target for practice for 2026

Yes you had me there for a bit, as Elephants are definitely different from Leopards !

Something might help here & I see Bakers Targets do custom work ?

We shoot this series at our Club Shoots & PH training.

This is what your after ?

IMG_7656.jpeg

Last edited:
You are certainly serious about your practice o_O o_O

Why use 2D paper targets when you could go 3D?

Our friends bought us a bunch of those when our kids were tiny… I always threatened to go on a backyard safari because of how obnoxious they were. My wife quietly donated them when I wasn’t looking.

Missed opportunity. :ROFLMAO:

You are certainly serious about your practice o_O o_O

That's not as serious as getting a Delta Mckenzie 3D leopard target.

Part of the Pro 3D target family, the African Leopard 3D Archery Target stands at a lifelike size of 30 inches from the ground to the top of its back.
mckenzie 3d leopard targets from dmtargets.com1730129186531.jpeg

$612.99

Pretty sure they would not hold up to big bore or high energy calibers very long. Though my little standing bear using 22LR to 22Mag calibers work well and the scoring sections are replaceable.

Alas, that was years ago, before Delta bought Mckenzie. Not sure of the quality of today's targets.

@Rare Breed...I seriously commend your willingness to practice at this level. I did the same prior to my leopard hunt. I found photos that I liked in a Google search and uploaded them using Staples to print poster/banners. I think it cost $30 apiece; the quality being poor up close, but perfectly sufficient at shooting distance.

It helped tremendously to train my brain to pick a spot and execute a lethal shot.

Why use 2D paper targets when you could go 3D?

Can you imagine the horror from the antis o_O?

Seriously, my wife did NOT like it when I used her lifelike giraffe (just 20" tall) when I used it for practicing rifle mount and scope choices.
I quietly put it back on the shelf.

But I do have some nice pictures of eland, from a local wildlife place, that would be a good candidate for big poster targets, I have to check that out at Staples.

Safari press sells a pack of the big 5 targets almost lifesize for about $30. I have used them before. They have the vitals on the back side. I suggest mounting them to sturdy cardboard or thin plywood. Good luck with your practice!!

Our friends bought us a bunch of those when our kids were tiny… I always threatened to go on a backyard safari because of how obnoxious they were. My wife quietly donated them when I wasn’t looking.

Missed opportunity. :ROFLMAO:
wish they were standing as Lou Hallemore told me never to shoot a cat lying down which was my mistake on my lion otherwise I would buy every single one of your lifestyle kitties…lol!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PollyDenha

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Here are an update on available dates for 2025

Hunting dates available 2025
1-18 March
2-10 April
17-26 April
13-24 May
2 -30 June
8-16 July
26 July - 7 August
23 August - 30 September
LIMPOPO NORTH SAFARIS wrote on RStien321's profile.
Dear RStien321

I noticed your thread this morning.

We would be thrilled to assit you as mentioned in my comment on your thread.

We as Limpopo North Safaris has numerous areas in limpopo that vary between 10 000 to 24 000 acres that we hunt that has all of the animals on your wish list furthermore we have great deal on cull buffalo cows and bulls.

Please let me know if you might be intrested.

Regards
Sampie
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia