New Double Rifle Build

Which stock blank would you choose?

• Total voters
Thats still quite fast I believe, both my full custom guns a shotgun and a bolt action rifle has had delivery times of well above 10 months. The rifle is actually on 8 months now but still far from finished, its still at the stock makers and then its time for the engraver and finally back to the gun maker so I expect at least 10 months for the whole process.

Looking forward to see your double rifle when its stocked and finished:D
The dealer I bought through has had his last few Verney doubles delivered in around 9 months, fairly standard rifles though I believe. Start adding in extra custom work I think that would change delivery time fairly significantly.

Hopefully I get mine around Feb-March next year.

Well when you can get a response from our beloved Heym dealer it’s about 3 years…

HH
When I enquired, the Heym distributor in Australia seemed quite good to deal with and got back to me quite quickly with pricing etc but yeah the lead time really put me off. Also Heym wanted a 50% deposit with order, so Heym has 50% of the total payment for 3 years before I even see the rifle, that didn't sit well with me.

When I enquired, the Heym distributor in Australia seemed quite good to deal with and got back to me quite quickly with pricing etc but yeah the lead time really put me off. Also Heym wanted a 50% deposit with order, so Heym has 50% of the total payment for 3 years before I even see the rifle, that didn't sit well with me.
I also don't know how one could commit that long, personally..

I hate to say what doesn’t get said out loud but the USA communication and respect to timelines with Heym has been wanting.

HH

I hate to say what doesn’t get said out loud but the USA communication and respect to timelines with Heym has been wanting.

HH
If they do read it, they should take the feedback onboard and adjust the way they do business accordingly. There is nothing wrong with constructive criticism.

I also don't know how one could commit that long, personally..
If it was me I would search out a quality and trust worthy place like a Champlain to buy a used Heym then send them your stock fit and they will then have JJ Perideau do the work to customize it to you…3 months max…just me

Guys, I hear you, a wait is not great. But isn't it good news that all these double rifle manufacturers are flat out busy? My hope is that some of those doubles go to the youngsters.

Guys, I hear you, a wait is not great. But isn't it good news that all these double rifle manufacturers are flat out busy? My hope is that some of those doubles go to the youngsters.
It is good to see so many quality new doubles being built

"Tomorrow is guaranteed to no one" .. but time gets away from us, it goes quick.

I emailed Heym last year prior to SCI, they had an 89 in 500 for the show. He stated "it wont last long, however". If you're that motivated, it's worth checking in with them from time to see if they have anything immediately available.

Agree the bottom blank I think would be strongest and it's going to look good. But the figure in the top blank....well that's the prettiest girl at the dance.
@PHOENIX PHIL
The top one may be the prettiest Girl at the dance, the bottom on may be fractionally stronger but to me the middle one combines both looks and strength
But what do I know I will never be able to afford a double
Bob

Asked Verney for a progress update in September so about 3 and a half months after the order had been placed, doesn't look like any stock work has been done yet but very exciting to see the build progressing. Excuse the black and white filter that was me not Verney, I thought it looked neat against the leather background.

Well done! Love getting photos of my 470 build from Lancaster. Doesn’t make the wait go any quicker though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xcitemGon

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia