New Lipseys M77 .35 Whelen

I saw the Ruger Hawkeye African .35 Whelen at the Lipsey's booth at the SHOT Show on Thursday. It is every bit as nice as you would hope it to be. They also will be offering the Ruger 77/22 as an African in .22 Hornet.
The. 22 Hornet is as exciting as the .35 Whelen!

My LGS is, I knew that. Just saying there arent any readily available. Not even sure I want one, but like to see whats around and that is nada at this time.

The. 22 Hornet is as exciting as the .35 Whelen!
@Action Bob
Ain't nothing wrong with the little Hornet. I have a beautiful little 1885 lowall in 22K Hornet that I absolutely love.
People with class and superior intelligence have 22 Hornets, or Whelens and the real smart people have a nice 25 for everything in betwixt.
They may not be exciting but they work well and don't need the fanfare bullshit of the so called better cartridges.
Bob

@Action Bob
Ain't nothing wrong with the little Hornet. I have a beautiful little 1885 lowall in 22K Hornet that I absolutely love.
People with class and superior intelligence have 22 Hornets, or Whelens and the real smart people have a nice 25 for everything in betwixt.
They may not be exciting but they work well and don't need the fanfare bullshit of the so called better cartridges.
Bob
Bob the little Hornet is the perfect companion to take along to Africa for the small stuff;) I shot my cape Greysbok with one and it just picked the perfect little hole through the lungs without a lot of fanfare and zero blowing up the cape:)

I'm planning to take one on the trip with @Just Gina and her dad.... maybe two;)

Talked with my Lipseys Rep on Friday. They have not gotten the first batch from Ruger yet he said. Hopefully in February.
It was relaeased at SHOT. But they haven't received any yet. We have some on backorder. It will be allocated item to Reps on first shipments he said.

Would either of these 2 be offered in a left handed version? I’m afraid I already know the answer to this but thought I’d ask anyway. Fine looking rifles.

Here is a link to the Lipsey's page showing it. If your LGS is a Lipsey's dealer, they can order it.

https://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail?itemno=RUHM77RSB35WHLN
I buy lots of guns from Lipsey's, its going to be fairly hard to get hold of one of these, they are allocated usually means each salesman just gets one or two. If I can get hold of one or two I'll offer them here. They won't be a easy sell in the store.

Bob the little Hornet is the perfect companion to take along to Africa for the small stuff;) I shot my cape Greysbok with one and it just picked the perfect little hole through the lungs without a lot of fanfare and zero blowing up the cape:)

I'm planning to take one on the trip with @Just Gina and her dad.... maybe two;)
@ActionBob
Better take 2 mate you will need them.
Remember what's hers is hers and what's yours is hers.
You will learn eventually my son.
Bob

@ActionBob
Better take 2 mate you will need them.
Remember what's hers is hers and what's yours is hers.
You will learn eventually my son.
Bob
No I already know this Bob. Got three .22 Hornets in the safe and a 4th ordered;) I'm pretty sure she will let me borrow one of them, if I ask real nicely ;)

I have a friend who has taken plenty of whitetails with a shot to the neck from a .22 Hornet. Dropped them right there. I'm not sure if it is a legal round here in NC but he hasn't been arrested yet.

My order came in today!
IMG_2661.jpeg
IMG_2662.jpeg
IMG_2663.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foxat90708

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia