New Westley Richards 470NE on order, who wants to hear about it?

Congratulations on your WR rifle order! Thanks for the write up on your visit to their shop as well - was wonderful hearing about all of the different aspects of your experience there.
Thank you, I appreciate the support.

The visit was really way beyond my expectations.

I didn't want to just go around snapping photos all over the place, but I did take a few. You might enjoy this one from the stocking shop: I loved seeing the Old School pinups above the work bench. Marilyn and Sophia. Classic.

Westley Richards Shop Bench.jpeg

Last edited:
Congratulations Towser! I spens a fair bit of time at WR and Trigger hosted our Scotland Carruthers group there last year.
Our WR acquisition, made last year, predates yours by 120 years, but it is a beauty. We had tha case made in aluminium as it will be traveling on the back of vehicles.
View attachment 641279
Thank you @Kevin Peacocke I love that rifle. I follow you on the forum and always read your posts with great interest. You have taught me more than you know! I don't know your full story but from what I have gleaned you are living a very cool lifestyle that I admire and love hearing about. Maybe one day I'll have the chance to meet you and hear more about it, perhaps over an adult beverage and a good cigar.....

The case is very nice..... I haven't reached the stage of making case decisions yet but I may pick your brain (and others) for knowledge and ideas about that if you don't mind.

Congratulations! Can't wait to see the finished rifle. Your wife deserves a nice Christmas gift for supporting your decision!

Great stuff! I'm living vicariously through you. I dream of getting a bespoke WR take down bolt rifle. Look forward to reading your story in FE.
@Wyfox we did get to see one of the take-down bolt rifles while we were there and it was awesome. Make that dream come true, brother. Pick your perfect caliber and make your plan and go for it.

Congratulations! Can't wait to see the finished rifle. Your wife deserves a nice Christmas gift for supporting your decision!
Thank you. You are not wrong at all, she is my first wife and my last girlfriend, we're at 36 years and going.

Btw I arranged for her to have a "Bespoke Perfume Experience" at Floris on German Street while we were in London. They spent 3 hours and custom designed a perfume for her. You get to name it, they write the formula in their book, and you go home with a bottle of the perfume. You can order more any time, but they will never sell it to anyone else, or even disclose the contents.

We also made a trip to Patrick Mavros where she found lots of things she loved, and she shopped at Fortnum and Mason's and Harrods and several other small boutiques.

All of the above plus some of the wonderful meals we had at great London restaurants ~may~ have perhaps contributed to her great mood when it was time to make a double rifle decision...... :cool:

Congratulations and thank you for taking us along your amazing journey of acquiring your wonderful bespoke double rifle. It has been interesting and fascinating to read! I look forward to more of this story!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FreddieVhz

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia