New Westley Richards 470NE on order, who wants to hear about it?

Wow, reason I went with Rigby was the WR delivery times. Congratulations.
The Rigby is a fabulous rifle and they are a great company. They were fantastic with us, and I would be proud as punch to own a Rigby DR. Ferrari.... Lamborghini. You can't go wrong. Congratulations to you on the Rigby as well!

I was asked to post a bit about this, so here goes, I'm very excited about it and will share some details here.

I have been on 3 safaris and have taken a number of PG and a buffalo and a leopard. I always said I didn't think I would hunt an elephant, but lately after some reading and research I've changed my mind..... I set some bucket list goals and decided an elephant would go to the top of that list.

I did a lot of research here and in books about different rifles and caliber choices.

I had a long conversation with the Heym USA rep and really thought I would go that direction, but the communication just didn't really gee-haw for whatever reason. They're great rifles with a great reputation, and I really like the looks of the 89 especially.

We had a trip planned to London for my wife's birthday..... So I thought maybe I should investigate options there before pulling the trigger on a Heym......
I should add that in the process of learning and researching, I had a very nice email conversation with @doctari505 about caliber choices, etc. He was very informative and helpful; a true gentleman and another example of why this forum and the people who use it are so great.

Superb!!
Highly impressed. It sounds a superb visit and a very fruitful one. I’m having my double built at the moment by Charles Lancaster and am just about at the wood selection stage.
When I’ve had bespoke rifles and shotguns built in the past (and currently) I’ve always chosen the blank from a much less shaped block of timber. Were all of the blanks there in such a crafted form?

Superb!!
Highly impressed. It sounds a superb visit and a very fruitful one. I’m having my double built at the moment by Charles Lancaster and am just about at the wood selection stage.
When I’ve had bespoke rifles and shotguns built in the past (and currently) I’ve always chosen the blank from a much less shaped block of timber. Were all of the blanks there in such a crafted form?
Thank you for the kind words and support.

I have not seen my particular blank in person; this is the image that Trigger sent over. Tbh I don't know if the blank is that shaped since the rifle is already far along in the production process (and I kind of suspect that this is the blank that Trigger had chosen for the rifle for himself.....), or if that's a software overlay of the blank. We saw several blanks that were already shaped, and others that were more roughed in, in the vault. I do like the way the photos that he sent of various blanks are represented; it makes it easy to assess and choose when you have a high quality photo like that. He gave me several to choose from and I'm sure would have kept going if I had wanted to, but I'm delighted with this one. At a certain point you gotta just choose the girl and ask her to dance.

The Lancaster sounds awesome, congratulations on that as well.

This whole write up is was so interesting from a guy that doesn't have a double yet thanks.
Thank you! It hasn't been for lack of dreaming.

Full disclosure: I made a pretty big bet (without telling my wife, LOL) on $NVDA a few years ago and this would never have been possible for me without that very lucky decision........

Thank you for the kind words and support.

I have not seen my particular blank in person; this is the image that Trigger sent over. Tbh I don't know if the blank is that shaped since the rifle is already far along in the production process (and I kind of suspect that this is the blank that Trigger had chosen for the rifle for himself.....), or if that's a software overlay of the blank. We saw several blanks that were already shaped, and others that were more roughed in, in the vault. I do like the way the photos that he sent of various blanks are represented; it makes it easy to assess and choose when you have a high quality photo like that. He gave me several to choose from and I'm sure would have kept going if I had wanted to, but I'm delighted with this one. At a certain point you gotta just choose the girl and ask her to dance.

The Lancaster sounds awesome, congratulations on that as well.

Excellent! Very very impressed.
Oh absolutely I’ve chosen a matched pair of blanks for my bolt rifles in the past and was slightly anxious that they’d turn out as good as a finished product as they looked as a rough blank.
Luckily the first one has.. a double rifle being an even greater investment i can really see the benefits of choosing one in the manner you describe.
IMG_3432.jpeg

Beautiful piece of wood. Looks similar to a piece I was looking at that was described as marble cake. Congratulations on your purchase.

HH

Superb!!
Lancaster are still making rifles??

Lovely purchase, looking forward to seeing the WR finished :)
Shame they’re not making the boxlocks anymore, pushes there target demographic into the even wealthier class unfortunately.

Although I am very happy with the Verney 470 I have on order I have to say I'm jealous! I can't wait to see progress and the finished rifle. And I love the wood, WR sure do have some of the best blanks out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alissa34R

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia