One caliber away from contentment... who else?

This is a great support group??? Or is it an enabler group??? Damn, I need therapy!! Hell I’ll just go out and buy a gun tomorrow and then everything will be back on track!!!
I’m in the same boat! But with my Winchester collection I need like five more :LOL:

I am Mr Contentment; with a 450/400 Heym double for buff, a 30-06 Ruger No1 for PG and an FX 0.22 PCP for doves I have it all. Honestly, I know, it is boring, but I want for nothing.

And with my Series 1 Landy, a Falcon boat on Kariba, a stainless Rolex the kids gave me and my Courteneys life is complete!

I bought a 7x64 for my wife but I think I have developed feelings for it.

One more?...that depends on how your interests develop. We all think of hunting various things, but what to do when you get into long range shooting--in different weight classes, or even Benchrest .22--you can end up with multiple guns for that discipline alone, let alone all the 22 ammo stockpiles for what shoots best in each one, as well as truly stocking up on premium rimfire when you DO find the brands that work best and want an indefinite supply in those same/consecutively numbered lots of ammo...
What about Cowboy, or 3-gun, or sporting clays, trap--endless, and all depending on activity specific firearms of better quality, that fit or are bespoke. Don't even get started on collector guns, or those highly engraved, or with provenance, historical representative pieces.
What about loaner guns for friends and family, guns for all the kids as they grow into it. Or cut down stocks for wives/GF. What about grandpa's old guns and other inheritances? What about guns that wear out or otherwise need to be replaced? Where can it all possibly end is the larger question. A better question might be "how many more will fit in the current safe/safes?"

I think I own 26 calibers, should probably trim a few.

Only 26 calibers?
I feel your pain.
To start just add 14 more for an even half hundred. Then add to fill in the gaps and raise your bar till you get an even hundred.

Glad to help. :cool: :LOL:

A 318, 450 NE, and a 45-120 and then I might get there.

But for the moment, contentment is far away...

Bob also has me looking at Whelens more than I care to admit

I love the 243 win. It is such a versatile caliber. Suitable for Prairie Dogs with the 58g and Coyotes with the 75g or even deer or antelope with the 80, 90, 100g options. Mine is a Sako S20 and it is a fine shooter. I have gotten several 1/2moa groups out of it from the bench. With the 75g ammo from Hornady it will reliably hit 4" and even 2" plates at 400y as long as the wind is not too heavy. With a brake screwed on the recoil is light enough to allow the shooter to do his own spotting. The twist on my bbl is not fast enough to reliably stabilize the heavier bullets. 100g seems to be the upper limit and still retain good precision.

S20.jpg
Sako.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
braveactiveco

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Shaker Crew | Kids Sweatshirt
https://www.braveactiveco.com/products/knit-sweatshirt
Comfortable and premium quality Knit Sweatshirt. Our Knit Sweatshirt is crafted with our exquisite recycled fabric, ensuring a soft and lightweight feel.
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia