Peter Hathaway Capstick’s Model 70 375 H&H is on gunbroker!

Shooter375

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
South Africa, USA, Eswatini
Did you see this on gunbroker? Peter Hathaway Capstick’s Model 70 375 H&H is on gunbroker for $25,000. I just thought it was cool. Not associated with me in any way. You can own a piece of history.

IMG_6535.png

Attachments

cool (and spendy) stuff...

This looks to be the rifle Peter is shooting at the beginning of his cape buffalo video. The right arrow points to the rear pin/crossbolt, the left the slightly lighter part of the grain in that area. The forward cross bolt is also visible in the video.

Long live Peter!

Screenshot 2024-10-23 at 18.55.22.png

Someone tell me why I shouldn’t buy this thing and take it to Africa for a buffalo or two? Then selling it to someone else for their adventure, of course. :cool:

I would happily buy it and take it on a free safari since I’ve already done it twice with other rifles from the seller.

This rifle would be like finding the grail for me, since I grew up on Capstick’s writing and have most of his books.

I personally would rather own this rifle than anything that O’Connor or Keith owned.

Bump for the rifle and the seller.

I personally would rather own this rifle than anything that O’Connor or Keith owned.

Agree 100%. I remember reading his Minisniping article in Guns and Ammo and it was pure exotica to me that an American lived in South Africa. Made a big impression on a 13-year old in a town of 410 people.

It’s probably like new. Not much need for it behind the bar….. I jest, I jest.

That’s a nice little piece of history for sale right there

Clueless remark.

Wont kill any better than a reliable working crf 375H&H.......

Perhaps not but there is the nostalgia feeling about it.

Much like taking grandad's old 44-40 that hasn't been used for years out into the woods to shoot a buck with.

I did the same thing years ago when I took my dads old model 99 300 Savage out to shoot a buck with. That deer wasn't any deader than if I had shot him with my 7mm Rem Mag but the feeling that I got as I lined up the shot and saw the buck laying on the ground afterwards.

By the way that old Savage hadn't shot a deer in close to 80 years until I took it out to do the job.

Perhaps not but there is the nostalgia feeling about it.

Much like taking grandad's old 44-40 that hasn't been used for years out into the woods to shoot a buck with.

I did the same thing years ago when I took my dads old model 99 300 Savage out to shoot a buck with. That deer wasn't any deader than if I had shot him with my 7mm Rem Mag but the feeling that I got as I lined up the shot and saw the buck laying on the ground afterwards.

By the way that old Savage hadn't shot a deer in close to 80 years until I took it out to do the job.
Agreed! Last year I took my Dad's .375H&H that he took to Africa on the 3 trips we took together, it was a special feeling when I was able to take a hand full of animals with it. Sure, I have my own .375H&H that I much prefer, but it was a stroll back in time using Dad's rifle!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaimkmba

Latest profile posts

LIMPOPO NORTH SAFARIS wrote on RStien321's profile.
Dear RStien321

I noticed your thread this morning.

We would be thrilled to assit you as mentioned in my comment on your thread.

We as Limpopo North Safaris has numerous areas in limpopo that vary between 10 000 to 24 000 acres that we hunt that has all of the animals on your wish list furthermore we have great deal on cull buffalo cows and bulls.

Please let me know if you might be intrested.

Regards
Sampie
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia