Plan for a used bespoke rifle

As someone who is also currently looking to buy a “bespoke” dangerous game ready bolt action rifle I have narrowed it down to the following production rifles.

1. Mauser M98
2. Heym Express
3. Rigby Big Game
4. Parkwest Arms SD-76

All of the above should be able to be had within your budget. I am still weighing the options between 375HH, 416 Rigby and 450 Rigby.
Excellent choices! Some very experienced and knowledgeable AH folks can’t say enough good about the Heym Martini Express. A very astute AH member pointed out there is nothing like physically handling the rifle, shouldering, working the bolt, getting a feel for it. Can’t do that sight unseen and for that kind of money, he’s right, it calls for that. I like your ranking, except I’d switch #2 for #1.

Excellent choices! Some very experienced and knowledgeable AH folks can’t say enough good about the Heym Martini Express. A very astute AH member pointed out there is nothing like physically handling the rifle, shouldering, working the bolt, getting a feel for it. Can’t do that sight unseen and for that kind of money, he’s right, it calls for that. I like your ranking, except I’d switch #2 for #1.
I have to agree. 2 and 4 will allow you a nice optic and some cash in hand. I truly don't think you can get even a used Rigby big game or Mauser for under 15k these days.
With initial shot placement being the most important thing (to me at least) i would always go for then, a weapon that is customized to me dimensions and LOP. But that's just my 2 cents worth.

Oh, yes for sure, if I could find one in my price point.
You certainly can find a pre-Martini Heym well within the middle of your price range. Can probably find a nice Martini at the upper end. Solid rifles either way.

You certainly can find a pre-Martini Heym well within the middle of your price range. Can probably find a nice Martini at the upper end. Solid rifles either way.
Thanks, will definitely keep my eyes peeled.

Keep your eyes on Martini Canada Guns. Ralf seems to always have some real beauties he can easily tweak to your diminsions

Keep your eyes on Martini Canada Guns. Ralf seems to always have some real beauties he can easily tweak to your diminsions
Thanks, was just on his site!

You can buy two Dakota 76’s and still be within budget. Think their craftsmanship is world class and is always a neck turner in hunting camp. Good luck on your search. All the rifles that have been mentioned are great options.

You can buy two Dakota 76’s and still be within budget. Think their craftsmanship is world class and is always a neck turner in hunting camp. Good luck on your search. All the rifles that have been mentioned are great options.
I absolutely love the Dakota 76 but one would suffice. I have no problem being under budget and spending more on African hunts. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadurico

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

LIMPOPO NORTH SAFARIS wrote on RStien321's profile.
Dear RStien321

I noticed your thread this morning.

We would be thrilled to assit you as mentioned in my comment on your thread.

We as Limpopo North Safaris has numerous areas in limpopo that vary between 10 000 to 24 000 acres that we hunt that has all of the animals on your wish list furthermore we have great deal on cull buffalo cows and bulls.

Please let me know if you might be intrested.

Regards
Sampie
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia