Post two of your favorite African hunting pictures

IMG_0548.png
Sunset on the Palala River
IMG_0478.jpeg
The character on this old kudu was amazing!

Last edited:
My PH took this picture of me smoking a cigar with an Eastern Cape sunset. Rocky keeping me safe and making sure I didn’t get into any trouble at Game-4-Africa. :ROFLMAO:

5a739843-0dac-4c10-9957-ef79e5257a9a.jpeg

IMG_7267.jpeg

Buffalo my son shot in the Selous, with PH Alan Vincent. I’ve known Alan since he was 10, and Alan has known my son since my son was a toddler.
IMG_0644.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Lord Derby Eland I took last February with Alan. Of all the animals I’ve taken over 10 African safaris, it surprised me at how much this one means to me.

I have one

Meta Hills, Zambia 1973 or 4

This is what we knew as the ''muddy pool''

Not that impressive really - but significant in my childish memory - therefore more relevant than adult experiences (of which I'm sure we all have many)

Anyway ....

I and a childhood friend were out shooting - each with our cherished (and they were cherished) .22LRs

I was bet that I wouldn't walk across the old bridge at the far end of the pool - there remained only the twin parallel steel girders - you can see them in the pic

I walked on the girders, slipped and fell in

As I knew the pool was full of croc I was swimming before hitting the water

My splashing soaked the red loam banks and I couldn't gain sufficient purchase to get out

My mate - un-fazed - held out the barrel of his .22 which I grabbed hold of - he then hauled me out

''Bugger me'' - he exclaimed upon my safe retrieval - ''my rifle was loaded!''

Further examination revealed that indeed it was

Furthermore he had not troubled himself with the safety catch

My luck ran out some weeks later when I laid my rifle upon the ground to retrieve some spilt ammo

His sister (who was accompanying us) picked it up and pulled the trigger hitting me in the upper thigh

But that - as the say - is a different tale

Attachments

• muddy pool.jpg
    muddy pool.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
My warthog in the Kalahari region of South Africa. Spotted his hind quarters sticking out of the weeds a few hundred yards down the track. He was totally oblivious to the ph and I as he was down on his front legs digging up some roots. My CZ550 in 375 H&H and 300 grain Barnes TSX anchored him on the spot from about 20 yards.
View attachment 636818
View attachment 636822
This is Tina with her Duiker on the same trip. She stalked to within about 75 yards and took this fella. The Ranch we were on had an unusual number of Steinbok and Duiker, as well as Jackal.
Now that's an absolute brute of a warthog!

A old, scared up dugga boy from Zimbabwe, 2024 with a new to me 458 Win Mag that had an awesome back story and from the Caprivi in 2022. Sunset on the Kwando river, with a large visitor to share the sunset with. Hard to narrow it down to just 2. View attachment 636950View attachment 636951O
@Fatback how did you like the Kwando? It is a far lesser traveled and visited river in my experience. Did you hunt on it at all? Absolutely crammed full of hippos it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaimkmba

Latest profile posts

LIMPOPO NORTH SAFARIS wrote on RStien321's profile.
Dear RStien321

I noticed your thread this morning.

We would be thrilled to assit you as mentioned in my comment on your thread.

We as Limpopo North Safaris has numerous areas in limpopo that vary between 10 000 to 24 000 acres that we hunt that has all of the animals on your wish list furthermore we have great deal on cull buffalo cows and bulls.

Please let me know if you might be intrested.

Regards
Sampie
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia