rookhawk

Silver supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
Here's my list of AH pet-peeves and recommended punishments. Feel free to add or adjust to them as you see fit.

#1.) Anytime a member says "boy, I'd buy that in a minute if it were left handed" we should A.) tar and feather them, and B.) Force them to buy the next left handed gun on the forum. You know, the ones that never ever sell?

#2.) The contorted advice logic. I get these PMs: "Hey, can you help me please!? For free!? I'm looking at this <insert glorious best gun/rifle> and I want to make sure its excellent. My reply is often "yes, its excellent". Their reply is "well I don't know now, I think I'm going to hold out for <insert steaming pile of crap make/model instead>". Recommended punishment: They should be banned from owning <insert glorious best gun/rifle> for a period of ten years.

#3.) The "Don't pay it forward free" guy. After the third "I'll take it" without posting equal quality stuff, we drive over to their house and grab some stuff to post "free".

#4.) The "I bought crap and now I'm selling it to my friends" guy. People ask me: is this shotgun safe to operate with its .017" minimum wall thickness barrels, 3" chambers that should read 2.5", that has extensive pitting?". My reply: "Absolutely not, I told you not to buy it. Or I warned you it was too good to be true, but you bought it anyway". Instead of the person destroying the gun, they are trying to sell a deadly dangerous item off with undisclosed issues on their fellow man. Punishment recommended: Their user avatar on this site needs to say "I suck, I'm a bad human" for a period of 12 months.

#5.) The cry-babies on the Politics thread that can't take constructive contention. They start getting personal and making ad hominem attacks because they don't like other's opinions. Punishment: They swim for an hour in a pool with a rabies infested piranha.

#6. The person or persons who think they know more about your hunt report than you do. As in “I was in there x numbers of years ago and there were a lot of x animals there…” and you couldn’t possibly be right about that.

#6. The person or persons who think they know more about your hunt report than you do. As in “I was in there x numbers of years ago and there were a lot of x animals there…” and you couldn’t possibly be right about that.

What's the punishment?

I've often wondered how hard it would be to switch from a right-hand shooter to a left. I'm left-eye dominate anyway, and there are some beautiful rifles that sit around longer than they should.

#6a People who've been to Africa one time, or hunted with only one outfitter, and then proclaim to the world that their experience, is the defining Safari. Indeed the baseline, against which every other African experience is to be judged.

Punishable by watching, and then writing a report of Rachel Maddow's TV show.

I've often wondered how hard it would be to switch from a right-hand shooter to a left. I'm left-eye dominate anyway, and there are some beautiful rifles that sit around longer than they should.

Just get a patch for the right eye and go for it.

My dad lost his right eye when he was 5, and was right hand dominate. He also had a hard time finding left hand rifles so he adapted to shooting left hand with a right hand bolt.

My mom bought him a Savage 99 in 300 Savage which made it a lot easier for him to hunt.

When in doubt, buy single shot falling blocks without cheek pieces. You can try it out both ways and see what you decide. Once decided, cast the stock on or off for $250 for a final fit to your preference. For $250, the next guy can unravel it and make it for the other hand easily. (Dakota Model 10, Custom Ruger #1, etc.)

Funny!
Good post!

@rookhawk Don't candy coat it, Rook.......tell us how you really feel...........FWB

can't do that. I have to hold back or I'll lose half my friends.

1729957050808.png

I get a little frustrated with the Posts that are asking for opinions on "X" outfitter that they have already booked a hunt with, usually bought at a charity auction. Why do the due diligence after the fact? Why not use the search function? Why not Google the outfitter. Why not be smart and select a quality AH sponsor?

Punishment? I think going on the auction hunt is punishment enough.

I get a little frustrated with the Posts that are asking for opinions on "X" outfitter that they have already booked a hunt with, usually bought at a charity auction. Why do the due diligence after the fact? Why not use the search function? Why not Google the outfitter. Why not be smart and select a quality AH sponsor?

Punishment? I think going on the auction hunt is punishment enough.

It's a very typical flawed logic of man. Do you know how many people roll up my driveway asking for a "post-purchase inspection"? It's a little late my friends. There is a great car channel on the web called "the car wizard". It's his #1 pet peeve too, tell me if what I bought 72 hours ago is a pile of crap. 96 hours previous, the information would be ACTIONABLE.

Classic flaw in mankind: fire, ready, aim.

“Bumping” a gun for sale for months on end and never dropping the price.

Tired of seeing that one of the front page….

This is something I really dont understand.
Good point to saying it out loud!

#5.) The cry-babies on the Politics thread that can't take constructive contention. They start getting personal and making ad hominem attacks because they don't like other's opinions. Punishment: They swim for an hour in a pool with a rabies infested piranha.
Hmmmm :P Diver:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
braveactivecop

Latest profile posts

LIMPOPO NORTH SAFARIS wrote on RStien321's profile.
Dear RStien321

I noticed your thread this morning.

We would be thrilled to assit you as mentioned in my comment on your thread.

We as Limpopo North Safaris has numerous areas in limpopo that vary between 10 000 to 24 000 acres that we hunt that has all of the animals on your wish list furthermore we have great deal on cull buffalo cows and bulls.

Please let me know if you might be intrested.

Regards
Sampie
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia