Shore Fly Fishing With a Labrador Gun Dog

KTMpilot

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
PHASA, BASA, SA Wingshooters
Hunted
South Africa
Any clever tricks to get a Lab to not dash into the water after a fly, try to catch the fly in the air on the back cast, get entangled in the stripped line, never mind trying to land or net a trout?

Last edited:
Give up fly fishing and grab a scatter gun and put that lab to woy. Have one that would retrieve 24 hours a day anything tossed into the aur

Give up fly fishing and grab a scatter gun and put that lab to woy. Have one that would retrieve 24 hours a day anything tossed into the aur
I can put your mind at ease, he and I spend lots of time together wingshooting (y) :cool:

He is my buddy and I like having him with me, I just wish there was a way that he could come fishing with me and just relax by my side, since I can't scold him for going into the water when I am fishing, he is a Lab, that is what he is supposed to do!

IMG_2297.JPEG
IMG_2317.JPEG

Last edited by a moderator:
I took my lab salmon fishing once. She retrieved a Jack salmon from a riffle. Lesson learned. Labs are best used for the reason they are bred for, hunting.

I took my lab salmon fishing once. She retrieved a Jack salmon from a riffle. Lesson learned. Labs are best used for the reason they are bred for, hunting.
Ha ha, that sounds about what they do. I hear you, I guess I should accept it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sofasandcouches1435

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia