Stable Rifle sticks for 5 years old

Skshyk

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hi I am looking for some stable shootings sticks for a 5 year old. His still practicing his eye relief with his pellet gun would like to get some more stable then sand bags m.

I wish actuality thinking of the ones that have butt plates as well.

Hi I am looking for some stable shootings sticks for a 5 year old. His still practicing his eye relief with his pellet gun would like to get some more stable then sand bags m.
Shooting sticks more stable than sand bags?

I should specified standing sticks not bench for shooting game. Something that absorb recoil. Where it has a recoil pad.

Wait a few years and all will be good.

I should specified standing sticks not bench for shooting game. Something that absorb recoil. Where it has a recoil pad.

For my buddy's grandson I went to a local hardware store, purchased 3 - 5/8 inch x 4 foot long dowel rods, tied them together with a piece of leather lacing. Then when the sticks are set up place 1/2 inch pipe foam around the top of the tripod to prectect the stock from getting scratched up. Works well whether standing or sitting in a chair, on a stump or log, in a blind.

For my buddy's grandson I went to a local hardware store, purchased 3 - 5/8 inch x 4 foot long dowel rods, tied them together with a piece of leather lacing. Then when the sticks are set up place 1/2 inch pipe foam around the top of the tripod to prectect the stock from getting scratched up. Works well whether standing or sitting in a chair, on a stump or log, in a blind.
What is even better is to buy 4 sticks, make 2 bipods using bicycle inner tube as a bungee then do the same with the feet of both bipods. This gives a set of quad sticks that supports the front and rear of the rifle. The accuracy that can be achieved off such a support in much better than off a bipod or tripod

I agree not overspending on the young man, as he will quickly outgrow them.

You can look at purchasing a camera tripod and attaching a hog saddle to it to hold the rifle. To further stabilise it and curb recoil, suspend some weight from the hook between the three legs.

What is even better is to buy 4 sticks, make 2 bipods using bicycle inner tube as a bungee then do the same with the feet of both bipods. This gives a set of quad sticks that supports the front and rear of the rifle. The accuracy that can be achieved off such a support in much better than off a bipod or tripod

@Dewald
I agree not overspending on the young man, as he will quickly outgrow them.

Although I personally have never used quad sticks. I have heard others who have used them with great success.

Guess it depends on how big the youngster or rather person is and materials available on short notice (field expedient).

Three 5/8 inch diameter dowels fit his hands so he could use the "sticks" as a walking stick.

During short breaks and when we would set up in a spot the sticks became gun and pack racks, slinging the guns and packs on the sticks to keep the guns and packs off the ground. If the log bench was right, the log would become a break table, chair, gun and pack rack as we had snacks and waited for the woods to calm down.

In the end after the second or third outing, he decided he didn't want to use sticks, and wear camo face paint, any more.

When my kids were growing up I bought a “pole cat”. It comes with an attachment for the front swivel stud and the two legs snap on and off like a socket wrench. The section between the socket snap and the legs is rubber so they can keep the gun level on uneven terrain. They killed truck loads of deer off those sticks. Very stable and long enough to shot standing up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MargartGar

Latest profile posts

LIMPOPO NORTH SAFARIS wrote on RStien321's profile.
Dear RStien321

I noticed your thread this morning.

We would be thrilled to assit you as mentioned in my comment on your thread.

We as Limpopo North Safaris has numerous areas in limpopo that vary between 10 000 to 24 000 acres that we hunt that has all of the animals on your wish list furthermore we have great deal on cull buffalo cows and bulls.

Please let me know if you might be intrested.

Regards
Sampie
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia