The normal first timer questions

Hello and welcome!

My buddy had a little too much to drink at a Rocky Mountain elk foundation banquet and won the auction for a 10 day South African plains game hunt for 2. He asked me to go with him and I couldn’t say no
Between our schedules and the hunting guide the only date we could do was in the middle of November.
I’ve been researching this forum for weeks trying to see what I’ve gotten myself into it seems like November is going to be hot. Dumb question but is it ok to hunt in shorts and some hiking shoes? Or should I stick with pants?
The package includes blue wildebeest, impala and blesbuck. I’m planning on taking a .308 with Barnes 168 grain ttsx bt or nosler trophy grade accubond 165 grain. Are both of these rounds sufficient?
Is global rescue or some other type of travel insurance a good idea or is South Africa a pretty safe area?
I’ve never been on a guided hunting so I am really jumping into the deep end with this one. This forum has helped answer some of my questions but I’m sure I’ll have more.
Yes shorts will be fine but you need ankle gaiters such as the ones Boyt sells. You rifle and bullet will be fine just put in the time shooting off of sticks. It is best if you can range and dial for distance but this will depend on where you hunt. IMO in RSA insurance is optional.
Read all you can here in the safari planning section as well as my YouTube videos on safari planning. They will answer most of your questions.
IMO On a donated hunt it is best to tell the outfitter ahead of time that you want to add animals. These hunts can be quite variable in their quality.
Have a great safari!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bruce Foster Studio

Latest profile posts

LIMPOPO NORTH SAFARIS wrote on RStien321's profile.
Dear RStien321

I noticed your thread this morning.

We would be thrilled to assit you as mentioned in my comment on your thread.

We as Limpopo North Safaris has numerous areas in limpopo that vary between 10 000 to 24 000 acres that we hunt that has all of the animals on your wish list furthermore we have great deal on cull buffalo cows and bulls.

Please let me know if you might be intrested.

Regards
Sampie
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia