Vintage Safari Luggage - What I've learned

In my experience:
I used scuba diving large bag for travel to Africa.
Then a bit smaller duffel bag.
Next trip I will use 5.11 duffel tactical bag.

Checked in travelling bag for safari must be is light as possible, as durable as possible and must have volume as much as possible.
Bag description: The volume and light weight is needed, to have bag half empty when traveling to Africa, and then to have maximum capacity used for travel back home when stacked with souvenirs, to make maximum weight allowance in one bag.

As a young man I did a lot of canoe trekking in northern Canada. We followed the old Hudson Bay trading and Courier de Bois routes. Our packs were always Duluth packs. They are totally indestructible. We used to have contests to see who could portage the heaviest loads with multiple packs and canoe. Probably why I have a bad back today!

Agree with all sentiments about luggage on wheels. We use Rimowa. The quality is great and so is service. We had used Tumi for a long time, but the company was sold, and quality has gone down and prices keep rising. Pelican Air 1615 is a great gear trunk for flying. And London Bridge Trading Load Out Bags are incredible, too, and used a lot on domestic hunts when we are headed to camp. All that said, I have a weakness for fine leather good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DirkSleep

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia