What Have You Killed with the 7x57

While waiting for his grandson:this one came around:
Screenshot_20240820_140609_Chrome.jpg
20240819_205620.jpg

My father has a Brno ZKK 602 in 7x57 that he has since passed down to me. Has served myself and my family incredibly well and has most likely taken over 500 plains game with. Everything ranging from impala, BWB, kudu, warthog, eland, and gemsbok. I’ve attached a photo of my first animal I hunted with it and another more recent.
Image1724189104.243429.jpg

IMG_3899.JPG

A lot of elk have been taken with the 7x57 and 140 grain bullets. I'd want something heavier but it is a fine rifle for most hunting in the lower 48. I've never heard anyone who owned one that didn't like the rifle.

Hello everyone,

I just got back from Namibia and decided it was about time I actually joined the forum. I love the 7x57 and also love this ancient thread, so I'll throw my first post here.

1000008577.jpg
1000008315.jpg

Alamo Precison Custom Rifle, 7x57
168 grain Barnes LRX @ 2640 fps.
(I can elaborate on the gun and load if anyone want the details)

Full pass through on the zebra at 90 yards, ran 50 yards, down.

Full pass through on the Wildebeest at 210 yards, ran 60 yards, down.

Also took a nice Baboon, he fell out of his tree...

Good expansion based on internals, very happy. Can't wait to head back over there with the same rifle.

Hello everyone,

I just got back from Namibia and decided it was about time I actually joined the forum. I love the 7x57 and also love this ancient thread, so I'll throw my first post here.

View attachment 641002View attachment 641003

Good expansion based on internals, very happy. Can't wait to head back over there with the same rifle.
Very nice. Congratulations!

I'm curious, which scope is that you have on there?

Hello everyone,

View attachment 641002View attachment 641003

Excellent and welcome aboard! Fairbanks...I lived in Ft Yukon for awhile and worked all over the state. I miss Alaska.

That's a good question and depends on what kind of weather and environment you are looking for. There are many versions of Alaska to experience. I think the SE has a lot to offer...fishing and crabbing, bears, deer, goats, milder winters but a LOT more rain. One thing I will say is that some of Alaska has a lot of game density but large parts of it are like a desert with few animals and huge spaces in between. For fun, you should check out remote properties dot com and look at the various regions of Alaska and pricing for property there.

I also enjoyed living in Palmer (just north of Anchorage) as there are mountains and ocean right there along with conveniences of city life. That area gets a lot of snow also.

Kudu, gemsbock, zebra, 2 impala, 2 blue wildebeests, 2 nyala. My 11 yr old and my wife used it as well. 140gr Barnes out of a ruger m77

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8127.jpeg
    IMG_8127.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8086.jpeg
    IMG_8086.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7124.jpeg
    IMG_7124.jpeg
    10.4 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7901.jpeg
    IMG_7901.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anya77On

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia