Why did you buy a 6.5 Creedmoore?

Personally I don't see much difference between 6.5 CM and 7mm-08 or other such rounds.

Neither kicks much, both take heavy bullets (but the 7mm as a bit heavier ones.) The long range drop between them ain't worth losing sleep over either.

I pick the 7mm-08 cause that is what I have. I see no reason to have two guns that are so similar in ability.

BuOq3rG.jpg
5fyxNPm.jpg
I have two of them….. and that plays into my reasoning. I have an sig cross bolt action and an ar10.

1. Length vs. bullet weight. The case design is more efficient than other calibers in the same class, especially if you want to use heavy for caliber bullets with a better BC while still feeding from a detachable magazine.

2. I switched over from 308s because of the better performance with wind past 600 yards, not very applicable to hunting but it is a factor on range days.

3. Ammo availability has surpassed the 308 at this point in most places.

4. Just an additional point, I don’t compare it to 6.5x55 or 270 or 30-06 like some do because they are all long action cartridges and could not be used in my two rifle set up.

Once again this last weekend my son reaffirmed my belief that for eastern whitetail within 200 yards the 6.5 creedmoor is an awesome cartridge and was the correct purchase. He is 13 and though he can shoot a lot of my rifles (still won’t let him shoot 300 WBY and above) he is deadly accurate with his 6.5 and loves it so much when he wanted a new rifle he chose the 6.5 creedmoor again.

Attachments

• IMG_4936.jpeg
    IMG_4936.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4938.jpeg
    IMG_4938.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatjaCoomb

Latest profile posts

akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia
TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!