Winchester Model 70 Super Grade serial number

Indigo Earl

Reaction score
Hello

Greetings from Norway.

I have tried to look at the winchester website for dating a serial number on a Winchester model 70, but so far I am coming up short.

The store is advertising it as a:
Winchester Model 70 Super Grade 338 WM
Serial G24392

I was unsure how to decode that seriøs because of the G in there. Anyone who can shed some light on this rifle for me? Particularly interested in whether its a pre-64 or not

Kind regards

Not pre 64

G should be 80’s?

I’m not sure but google will get you there. Not to hard

Well, without the G it would be 1939, but the 338 Win Mag didn't come out until 1958. I would be willing to ber it's an early post-64, perhaps a push feed model.

You do not have enough numbers.... but if the serial # is G24392xx It's likely a post 1992 manufacture

...Try calling: 800 333 3288 Winchesster customer service.

G + 5 digits can be correct, I have one - G42XXX - it's a Stainless Classic CRF 270
do you know the date of manufacture?

I bought it used and I think the guy said 92, which as I remember was when Winchester reintroduced CRF. It’s very well the 338 above was made the same year.

it and my 6-digit 338 stainless are the best shooting rifles I own by far.
Yes sir, sounds right and makes sense

Not pre 64

G should be 80’s?

I’m not sure but google will get you there. Not to hard
I think you’re right
I bought my .300wm in 1984 and it was G model

I bought it used and I think the guy said 92, which as I remember was when Winchester reintroduced CRF. It’s very well the 338 above was made the same year.

it and my 6-digit 338 stainless are the best shooting rifles I own by far.
I was going to ask about the CRF rifles, Pre 1964 and Post 1992?

Hello

Greetings from Norway.

I have tried to look at the winchester website for dating a serial number on a Winchester model 70, but so far I am coming up short.

The store is advertising it as a:
Winchester Model 70 Super Grade 338 WM
Serial G24392

I was unsure how to decode that seriøs because of the G in there. Anyone who can shed some light on this rifle for me? Particularly interested in whether its a pre-64 or not

Kind regards
Where was the rifle made?

I found this post on another site:

The last serial numbers listed in the Winchester DOM documents goes to 1992, and that is "G2037985". As you can see, that is a 7 digit serial #.

The classics started with a 5 digit serial # in 1992.
6 digits were built from about 94-99,
7 digits were 2000-2006 etc. etc....
Now the new ones (BACO) started with 35AMP....(2008 models). You'd have to check with BACO to see what they were after 2009.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muslimmarriageevents

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia