Barnes TSX vs Swift A-Frame on Buffalo

There is a reason the Barnes [emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]gr TSX is so popular in the [emoji[emoji6]][emoji6]H&H for DG… it just works.
I know the Swift A-frame works also but my experience is with Barnes. No need to reinvent the wheel and a lot of good information has been shared on this topic.

I've used both the Barnes TSX 300 gr and Swift A Frame 300 gr in my M70 375 HH with great results and would be happy with either. I used the Barnes TSX on my cape buffalo because that is what my PH said he preferred I use. One shot from 75 yards as he was quartering away, entered around the last rib, thru the lung and heart and stopped in the far side shoulder. Buff went about 40-50 yards and piled up, did an insurance shot from about 15 yards at the PH's request but he was already dead. Pic below is from the two 300 gr TSX recovered from the buff, bullet on the right in the photo is the first killing shot found in the offside shoulder, bullet on left was the insurance shot found under the skin.
4A56513A-E5E8-4386-87ED-F313C2151A56_1_201_a.jpeg

As he lay when we walked up to him.

5F3FE4DE-7801-45F7-B1BC-74C2AA6FD0DA_1_105_c.jpeg

This summer I shot my eland in Botswana using the 375HH with a 300gr A Frame, the bull was shot broadside from about 60 yards, thru the brush. Hit him square on the shoulder, he jumped and went about 10 yards and DRT. Asked skinners to find the bullet but not sure if they did as I never saw it at the skinning shed.

557EEB50-3ABE-4244-BC73-A0CC433F1253_1_105_c.jpeg

I also used my .308 this summer for everything else using Norma factory ammo loaded with 180gr A Frames and they were like Thor's hammer on everything from Zebra and Kudu down to a steenbok. Nothing went further than 30 feet from where it was shot and most dropped in their tracks. Overall shot 10 animals with the .308 and all were one shot kills. I think the TSX and A Frame are both great bullet options.

Pat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corey0123

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia