Blaser R8 for Dangerous Game

Correct me if I am wrong
More Blaser specific buttpad and stock spacer info for those who may need it.

I added an adjustable stock to my rifle. When I went to install the butt pad and spacer kit (p/n C39878) with it, the top bolt bottomed out. The bottom bolt was fine, but the addition of the adjustable comb robbed some space from the top.
View attachment 641028
First a few specs. The bolts takes a 3mm Allen key to remove and are threaded M5x0.8. Before cutting the bolt to length, I put a M5x0.8 die on the bolt and ran it all the way to the head. This way I could clean the threads after cutting to length. I took my time and ended up taking off 17mm before I was happy with the fit. I'm only using two of the three spacer in the kit, but I believe that even if all three spacers were used cutting the bolt down would be necessary for proper fit.
View attachment 641029
I understand that everyone doesn't have metric tap and die sets laying around but if you run into this, at least you will know what direction to go.

Hi BeeMaa, is that a Swedish
Kalixteknik adjustable check riser?

Correct me if I am wrong

The entire adjustable stock is from Blaser, but I will check out the link you sent. Might be nice to have one like that for my 22lr.

Baamaa's actions are what I used to do. I then became sick and tired of excepting 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc best. I realised I was a big part of the problem and now jump through the hoops. The companies hate it but enough do it and we won't have to except sub standard and won't have to jump through hoops. I also give them grief over the hoops we have to jump through. The more of their time and effort I can burn, the more it costs them. This is where it hurts them. Life is just way to short to tolerate sub standard work and products. I want to enjoy what I buy not have to fuck around to make it work.
If you were buying a full custom rifle that you commissioned from a guild member or London gun house, I would agree with you.

For a semi-custom stock rifle that can be bought off a shelf from gun rooms around the world, it’s expected that there will be adjustments needed to get the best fit possible.

In fact, I added the butt stock spacer kit to get a better fit, so I’ve already been making modifications. Sharing the process to assist others I thought would be helpful but it has seemed to hit a nerve for you. Hope I didn’t hit another one with this post.

Cheers mate.

Last edited:
The entire adjustable stock is from Blaser, but I will check out the link you sent. Might be nice to have one like that for my 22lr.
If you were buying a full custom rifle that you commissioned from a guild member or London gun house, I would agree with you.

For a semi-custom stock rifle that can be bought off a shelf from gun rooms around the world, it’s expected that there will be adjustments needed to get the best fit possible.

In fact, I added the butt stock spacer kit to get a better fit. So I’ve already been making modifications. Sharing the process to assist others I thought would be helpful but it has seemed to hit a nerve for you. Hope I didn’t hit another one with this post.

Cheers mate.
Yes I agree.
Because I checked the part number you posted in your post above for the stock spacer.
Nowhere in the part description does it say suitable for stocks with an adjustable check piece. However it does say suitable for Blaser R8 Professional, which does not have an adjustable cheek piece as standard.
If it was me ordering the part I would have either emailed the supplier first to make sure it fit a stock with the adjustable cheek piece, or asked Blaser the question.
In truth and I mean this in the nicest possible way. It’s not Blasers fault, you have unknowingly ordered the wrong part.
But I credit you for trying to share your experience to hopefully assist others.
Good on you.

Additionally I suspect that is the Swedish "kovorisk" adjustable cheek piece that Blaser used. I would be really interested in the future to get your opinion on it.

I have a safe full of lovely rifles, but nowadays I just seem to grab the R8 to get the job done.

@Schroeder - I’ll take a closer look at the stock when I have access to my laptop tonight and let you know.

That really is pathetic on the part of Blaser, esp for a rifle that costs so much. It would cost them *F* all to put in a correct length screw for each spacer.

Time for a Bex, a nice cup of tea and a little lie down mate.

Cheers mate.

In fact, I added the butt stock spacer kit to get a better fit, so I’ve already been making modifications. Sharing the process to assist others I thought would be helpful but it has seemed to hit a nerve for you. Hope I didn’t hit another one with this post.

Cheers mate.
My misunderstanding. I thought from your post this was a Blaser supplied piece of kit, made by Blaser for that particular model of Blaser's. I see from above posts that the spacers may not be for that model.

Last edited:
Time for a Bex, a nice cup of tea and a little lie down mate.

Cheers mate.
Nah mate, companies need to be held to account if they make a fuck up, especially if charging astronomical amounts for something. It would appear wrong part for that model. I have bought butt pad spacers that are supplied with the longer screws required for them.

Was it concluded that Blaser R8 was idneed acceptable for dangerous game?

Was it concluded that Blaser R8 was idneed acceptable for dangerous game?
To save you from reading the previous 59 pages, yes.

Correct me if I am wrong

Looking at the two ckeekpieces, they are very different. I'd have to say that Blaser is not using the product from Kalixteknik. However it does look like the Kalixteknik will fit into Blaser Professional and Professional Success stocks. There is one dealer here in the US that imports them. If anyone is interested, here's their website. High Desert Rifle Works Cost is $145, not sure if it's self install or if they will do it. The only downside I see is having to drill your stock on your own and the risk that goes along with it. I linked a YT video of a guy doing the install on a Tikka rifle below. Doesn't look too hard to do and it's a clean look.

1729714566215.png

1729714450427.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanjoyce

Latest profile posts

LIMPOPO NORTH SAFARIS wrote on RStien321's profile.
Dear RStien321

I noticed your thread this morning.

We would be thrilled to assit you as mentioned in my comment on your thread.

We as Limpopo North Safaris has numerous areas in limpopo that vary between 10 000 to 24 000 acres that we hunt that has all of the animals on your wish list furthermore we have great deal on cull buffalo cows and bulls.

Please let me know if you might be intrested.

Regards
Sampie
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia