Politics

And here is the Joe Rogan podcast interview of Trump today. This sort of one-on-one engagement is Trump's best venue. Harris would not have survived an hour.

Just had some driving to do, and listened to most of the 3h session. Some of my observations, thoughts (for what that is worth):

- Trump appeared very calm, much more reasonable than he is often appearing in the media. I know Joe Rogan has a calming effect. But the thought I had is, maybe some of the negative traits that are ascribed to Trump are more to do with his reactionary nature, and being put under pressure to often. Take the combativeness out of a discussion, and suddenly he seems a lot more agreeable.

- At the end Joe was trying to dig a bit deeper into Trump's thoughts on the result of the 2020 election. Trump reconfirmed his opinion that the election was stolen. However, this was the first time I heard him use his own words to explain what he meant. Basically his logic was: it was a tight race, with only a few votes difference between him and Joe Biden. Combining this with Russian Collusion Story, the Hunter Biden Laptop story, each of them capable of having a few % impact on the results. As well as the way some states did not follow perfect procedure (ratification etc.) of the Covid-times voting rules, meant for Trump that this combination was enough of a finger on the scale to give validity to his claim that the election was stolen. I can see some merit to this thinking. It is also a far cry from what some have insinuated him saying that millions of fake ballots have counted.

- All over, this interview with Joe Rogan, will have sealed the deal for many. He did excellent (although the endless Amazing, The Best, The Greatest, is sometimes a bit repetitive)

Amazing what American's can do when not stifled by government regulations, rules, policies and procedures. The road was probably built faster than it would have taken a company to fill out the DEI forms.

Glad that they did it. That being said, one leaves oneself to a lot of liability suits in case of an accident. There are projects we have done where without the "regulations, policies, procedures etc." we could MacGyver it much cheaper and faster. However, that would have given us no legal cover.

In the past we have implemented a multimillion-dollar MES system for the manufacture of an electronic connector that was going to be used in a classified application. The requirement was to have a complete genealogy of every connector. That meant from a serial number one could look at each component of that connector, every step of the manufacturing process for all components, who worked on it, how long, clean room particle counts, temperatures etc., etc.. Was it necessary? Who knows, but it was part of the specifications, and the company spent millions on compliance (it was a big enough of an order for them to build a complete new plant). In this case the government regulation kept a lot of people employed. ;)

Glad that they did it. That being said, one leaves oneself to a lot of liability suits in case of an accident. There are projects we have done where without the "regulations, policies, procedures etc." we could MacGyver it much cheaper and faster. However, that would have given us no legal cover.
This isn't a project, it's not paid for by the government or sanctioned. These were neighbors from 10-100(s) of miles away making time and risking their livelihoods and lives to build a road so people could get back to their homes or what left of their property from over a month ago.

They frankly don't care about liability as the people who use this road wouldn't fathom even a hinkling of liability as they already lost so much.

You'll forgive the passion in my writing as these were some of my friends and former neighbors that went thru Helene in western, NC. I myself was in Canton, NC for the storm and was only able to evacuate over the mountains do to the locals clearing paths in roads or cutting new roads within a day. These men and women understand what it means to get back and start to rebuild.

The NC DOT and FEMA even visited the team building this road and didnt say a peep. Possibly smartest decision made since Helene by them.

About two months ago, The Biden Administration (whoever that is) sanctioned Russia ( again ) for election interference in the current Presidential campaigns. Imagine, interfering in a foreign election!...........stay free..........FWB

Attachments

• 49303.jpg
    49303.jpg
    558.5 KB · Views: 11

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katiemitic97

Latest profile posts

LIMPOPO NORTH SAFARIS wrote on RStien321's profile.
Dear RStien321

I noticed your thread this morning.

We would be thrilled to assit you as mentioned in my comment on your thread.

We as Limpopo North Safaris has numerous areas in limpopo that vary between 10 000 to 24 000 acres that we hunt that has all of the animals on your wish list furthermore we have great deal on cull buffalo cows and bulls.

Please let me know if you might be intrested.

Regards
Sampie
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia