Politics

I've hunted private (landowner allowed or leased) properties in southern Ohio and northern Kentucky for the previous 25 years, 160 acres to 240 acres. All were stand hunting, mostly hunting travel routes to a corn feeder central to the interior. Sit times were agreed on before becoming out for a lunch break, then any hunters who wanted to said where they wanted to sit for a late afternoon spot. Salt blocks were used in these areas frequently and certainly attracted resident deer. Sometimes boring but I enjoyed seeing what other wildlife came by. I've always hunted whitetails this way and don't have an issue with it. It is what it is. This deviation in the Politics thread really belongs in a different sub forum. Loved the Trump news feed at the McDonalds in PA. Let's back out of the weeds here.

I live in a place where 50 yds is a long way in the brush.
You guys have convinced me. As long as it's legal, it's ethical. Nancy Pelosi can make millions trading stocks based on legislation that hasn't happened yet.
Abortions til birth are cool as long as your state (like mine) hasn't restricted them.
Minnesota says there is no obligation to aid a newborn if the mother doesn't want it.
I get it.
I'm done.
Good-bye.
You seem to conflate a lot of different things. I am surprised you did not throw in Hitler and the holocaust in the mix. :unsure:

The latest Rasmussan poll released this morning, Trump leads nationally 50%-47%. He also has 32% of the black vote unfortunately I can’t remember the Hispanic % but it was significant.

If these numbers hold up Trump should win comfortably. Not sure how accurate they are.

It’s all about the electoral college…

He can win every black and Hispanic vote in Texas and still lose the election if he doesn’t get enough in Pennsylvania and Michigan..

I’m hopeful… but I doubt all polls these days.. they’ve proven unreliable in the last few election cycles..

South Africa is joining up with Russia and China?

It’s all about the electoral college…

He can win every black and Hispanic vote in Texas and still lose the election if he doesn’t get enough in Pennsylvania and Michigan..

I’m hopeful… but I doubt all polls these days.. they’ve proven unreliable in the last few election cycles..
Agree but if a republican can win the popular vote the electoral college should fall into place. The dems will rack up huge margins in New York, Illinois, New Jersey and California.

Like you I don’t think the polls are very reliable these days.

It’s all about the Benjamin’s…

China in particular has been pumping a lot of money into South Africa… and China has never been concerned with the cost of paying off politicians and other key figures to get whatever it is they want…

The US approach to foreign aid and development is to go in and tell a foreign government what they need and then provide resources to obtain it..

The Chinese approach is to go in and ask “what do you want?” and then provide the resources to obtain it…

Which approach do you think African politicians prefer?

The latest Rasmussan poll released this morning, Trump leads nationally 50%-47%. He also has 32% of the black vote unfortunately I can’t remember the Hispanic % but it was significant.

If these numbers hold up Trump should win comfortably. Not sure how accurate they are.
Rasmussen accounts for or over samples republican votes at a higher rate than any of the other large polls. The two that caught my attention are the most recent Fox and TIPP polls which also show a similar swing in the national vote. I should add, while Fox news is despised by the left, left leaning pollsters such a Slate and 538 consider Fox polling among the least biased.

If these polls are indeed accurate and if they hold through the voting cycle (voting has actually begun almost everywhere), then Trump is looking very good indeed. Due to the "density" of democrats in highly populated states on the coasts, republicans have a bit of an electoral college advantage. Slate's analysis says that a democrat needs to win the popular vote by +2-3% to have a greater than 50% chance to win the election. Hillary, for instance won the popular vote by around +2 % and lost, while Biden won by nearly 5% and won.

Again, Slate's analysis suggests a +2 % popular vote republican result in the election creates a 99.8 % likelihood of a republican victory in the electoral college. If any of the undercounting bias from the last to presidential elections remains, then Trump, at least over the last few days, is looking really good.

A final thing about polls, Slate, 538, and RCP (quoted a lot by the press) use algorithms and historical accuracy to weight various polls and then produce an average. Because they reflect polls over a period of time, they are a lagging indicator and will be slower at picking up changes in momentum - and in fairness also less likely to being influenced by bumps caused by debates and the like.

Polymarket is the major betting site on the election. It is a leading indicator because it reflects the general feeling of the state of the race at the instant the bets are made. As of this morning Polymarket has Trump over Harris as the likely winner with odds of 63.9% to 36.4%. Some commentators and influencers on the left are so upset over these numbers that a conspiracy theory has developed that foreign money is flowing into the site to make Trump look like he is doing better than he is. :rolleyes:

I would suggest the campaign internals have been showing a similar trend for a while which explains much of the Harris campaign's flailing for footing over the last couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Is anyone actually believing the Biden administration did not purposely leak the Israeli retaliatory strike plan.

Of course it was through a low level employee or will never be determined
Who leaked it.

They want a ceasefire before and during the election. To help keep the Arab vote. This leak delayed the strike because it described the methods.

It appears the retaliatory strike may be starting today.

I live in a place where 50 yds is a long way in the brush.
You guys have convinced me. As long as it's legal, it's ethical. Nancy Pelosi can make millions trading stocks based on legislation that hasn't happened yet.
Abortions til birth are cool as long as your state (like mine) hasn't restricted them.
Minnesota says there is no obligation to aid a newborn if the mother doesn't want it.
I get it.
I'm done.
Good-bye.
Spoken like a true boomer….

Cotton seed is not for attraction. It’s a supplement. And you have to stop its use at least 2 months before the rut or you will not get a fawn crop next year. Another problem with cotton seed is cattle will eat it too.
Sounds like something some areas need to look into. You could start to control deer populations in some of the dangerously overpopulated areas where hunting is not an option.

Spoken like a true boomer….

Oh my! Please do not put me, a baby boomer, in that bucket. I don't agree with anything the subject person stated... I don't think that anyone my age who I associate with does either. :)

Joining???
South Africa has been in the BRICS for a long time.
Look it up it's nothing new.

Is anyone actually believing the Biden administration did not purposely leak the Israeli retaliatory strike plan.

Of course it was through a low level employee or will never be determined
Who leaked it.

They want a ceasefire before and during the election. To help keep the Arab vote. This leak delayed the strike because it described the methods.

It appears the retaliatory strike may be starting today.
What Arab vote????

What Arab vote????
There are a whole bunch in and around Dearborn, Michigan. Perhaps you've heard of US Congressperson Rashida Tlaib? Michigan being a swing state matters a lot this election.

There is also Ilhan Omar serving as a US Congressperson for Minnesota. I believe a whole lot of persons originally from Somolia enabled her to Congress. Yes, there are a lot of "Arab" voters.

Last edited:
What Arab vote????
If Michigan is anything like 2016 or 2020, the Arab American vote could be significant - even determinative. Pretty good interview on the subject from NPR which can be counted upon to fully express democrat concerns.

What Arab vote????

Huge palestinian american population in Michigan.. a key swing state in this election..

in fact, just over 33% of all arabs in the US (not only palestinians) live in Michigan, CA, and NY/NJ... with Detroit metro having the largest population (just over 400,000)...

Dearborn actually has a majority arab population.. many of whom are of palestinian origin..

Im sure youve heard of Rashida Talib.. a palestinian american democrat congresswoman from Detroit.. who has been raising hell about Israel since Oct 7 of last year?

Rasmussen accounts for or over samples republican votes at a higher rate than any of the other large polls. The two that caught my attention are the most recent Fox and TIPP polls which also show a similar swing in the national vote. I should add, while Fox news is despised by the left, left leaning pollsters such a Slate and 538 consider Fox polling among the least biased.

If these polls are indeed accurate and if they hold through the voting cycle (voting has actually begun almost everywhere), then Trump is looking very good indeed. Due to the "density" of democrats in highly populated states on the coasts, republicans have a bit of an electoral college advantage. Slate's analysis says that a democrat needs to win the popular vote by +2-3% to have a greater than 50% chance to win the election. Hillary, for instance won the popular vote by around +2 % and lost, while Biden won by nearly 5% and won.

Again, Slate's analysis suggests a +2 % popular vote republican result in the election creates a 99.8 % likelihood of a republican victory in the electoral college. If any of the undercounting bias from the last to presidential elections remains, then Trump, at least over the last few days, is looking really good.

A final thing about polls, Slate, 538, and RCP (quoted a lot by the press) use algorithms and historical accuracy to weight various polls and then produce an average. Because they reflect polls over a period of time, they are a lagging indicator and will be slower at picking up changes in momentum - and in fairness also less likely to being influenced by bumps caused by debates and the like.

Polymarket is the major betting site on the election. It is a leading indicator because it reflects the general feeling of the state of the race at the instant the bets are made. As of this morning Polymarket has Trump over Harris as the likely winner with odds of 63.9% to 36.4%. Some commentators and influencers on the left are so upset over these numbers that a conspiracy theory has developed that foreign money is flowing into the site to make Trump look like he is doing better than he is. :rolleyes:

I would suggest the campaign internals have been showing a similar trend for a while which explains much of the Harris campaign's flailing for footing over the last couple of weeks.
The betting percentages are much better indicators than mostly biased polls.
IMHO Trump will win this election but will lose the popular vote again.
I'm actually thinking of betting on the popular vote which pays $4 to a $10 bet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashpatel9

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia