Politics

I'm pretty sure I couldn't even get my leg into one of those, let alone actually sit behind the wheel. Somedays it sorta sucks having a 38" inseam.

I'd be pretty tickled with a C10 or an F100.
Its a shame that a lot of Square Bodies are worth gold.

We went through the same thing except for the speeches in 2006 when our daughter graduated with a hard science degree from Texas A&M. An Anglo Saxon face on that stage was a very rare thing. But unless we want DEI applied to our children, the problem does not rest with foreign or minority Asian students. The issues are test scores and high school resumes of the typical white highschool student today.

Foreign students typically put a lot more into graduate admissions testing and outscore American kids as a result. Their résumé’s are outstanding. When an American kid puts a better resume together, the best schools are fighting over them. At the time he wrote them, our son achieved the highest GMAT score any American kid had ever recorded. That, while he was married, working part time, and playing varsity hockey. Scholarships were offered by all of the top schools, some unsolicited. He attended a top school for an MBA and Master of Finance concurrently, on a full ride scholarship plus a stipend.

My point is that we need to improve the education and preparation of our kids if we want to increase the number of American kids in these programs. The schools are going to take the most qualified students, it’s our job to ensure that our kids are among them.

Foreign students typically put a lot more into graduate admissions testing and outscore American kids as a result. Their résumé’s are outstanding. When an American kid puts a better resume together, the best schools are fighting over them. At the time he wrote them, our son achieved the highest GMAT score any American kid had ever recorded. That, while he was married, working part time, and playing varsity hockey. Scholarships were offered by all of the top schools, some unsolicited. He attended a top school for an MBA and Master of Finance concurrently, on a full ride scholarship plus a stipend.

My point is that we need to improve the education and preparation of our kids if we want to increase the number of American kids in these programs. The schools are going to take the most qualified students, it’s our job to ensure that our kids are among them.
Schools go after talent but their also all about the money; foreign students pay higher tuition and Universities love to use them as post grad instructors while paying them with tuition exchange.

Yep. My daughter had no problem getting into Yale as an undergrad among others and no problems getting into Harvard and Stanford law schools (missed ONE question on LSAT). After hearing about her LSAT score a friend told me to forget about buying a new car for the next three years as I'd be paying for Harvard. :ROFLMAO:

That being said, during her senior year in high school all of her classes but PE (they required it for tennis team) were at junior colleges, had perfect scores in SATs. She also worked as an intern at US Embassy in Ankara, Turkey during the summer after her junior year in high school (had a State dept. connection that enabled it.) During a summer at Yale, she was an election monitor in Nicaragua. So, a lot of extracurricular stuff to round up her resume. Her husband has the same education (a year behind though), don't know what he did for his resume. He specifically did not say he was Asian (Indian on dad's side) as that would have killed his chances according to him.

The next in line in Hezbollah leadership has just been killed. These men have waited decades to be in charge. now they are being picked off every other day. Who’s next

Russia Parliament just signed a pact with North Korea, that if one of them is attacked, the other must respond

South Korea will not sit idly by. So now that region could get even uglier.

I’m not sure at this point which is worse. the US being totally disengaged and isolationist

or the disastrous leadership under Blinken and Biden

The next in line in Hezbollah leadership has just been killed. These men have waited decades to be in charge. now they are being picked off every other day. Who’s next

Russia Parliament just signed a pact with North Korea, that if one of them is attacked, the other must respond

South Korea will not sit idly by. So now that region could get even uglier.

I’m not sure at this point which is worse. the US being totally disengaged and isolationist

or the disastrous leadership under Blinken and Biden
Other than nukes, at least presently, Russia has all it can handle on its western front. I'm not sure this pact is worth the paper it's written on. If my memory serves, the Norks have already provided "help" to the Russians in the ME.

Not sure if there are any more nails left to hammer into the UK coffin.....depressing...

Unbelievable.....

I'm pretty sure Ayn Rand meant for "Atlas Shrugged" to be a warning, not a playbook.

Democrats are desperate for any anti-Trump narrative that they can get their hands on.
They dust off the ex Trump staffers, who go out to claim that Trump is a fascist and will rule like a dictator
Nothing but swamp tactics. Accuse your opponent of what you are guilty of.
The current democrat party is more aligned with dictatorship then anyone in American history

Democrats are desperate for any anti-Trump narrative that they can get their hands on.
They dust off the ex Trump staffers, who go out to claim that Trump is a fascist and will rule like a dictator
Nothing but swamp tactics. Accuse your opponent of what you are guilty of.
The current democrat party is more aligned with dictatorship then anyone in American history
So what portion of the things Trump says do you think are true? Do we disbelieve the things that come out of his mouth that praise dictators and tyrants, disbelieve his own words about suspension of the Constitution, disbelieve his denigration of service members, but believe the things he says about being the only person who can save the country?

I’m sure it’s all just locker room talk, right?

IMG_1143.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bruce Foster Studio

Latest profile posts

LIMPOPO NORTH SAFARIS wrote on RStien321's profile.
Dear RStien321

I noticed your thread this morning.

We would be thrilled to assit you as mentioned in my comment on your thread.

We as Limpopo North Safaris has numerous areas in limpopo that vary between 10 000 to 24 000 acres that we hunt that has all of the animals on your wish list furthermore we have great deal on cull buffalo cows and bulls.

Please let me know if you might be intrested.

Regards
Sampie
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia