Politics

I would agree. For example: I am sure this will not go over well with the active and retired military that post here. But how many health care systems does the federal government need in peace time? Do we need an Army, Air Force, Navy, VA and Public Heath Service. How much administrative overhead could be saved by combining some or all of those systems? I understand that military physicians require gunshot training and practice, but you could have all government physician have that as required training no matter what facility they are located.
Im a vet.. and Im in complete agreement with you..

Its not just a problem of size.. its a problem of quality... while there are exceptions, as a rule the VA and all of the other fed gov health care systems suck.. they have poor quality people.. poor quality facilities.. poor quality record keeping (I could go on and on and on)...

like most things, the federal govt could never manage anything as well as the private sector does..

regarding the gunshot training and practice.. the military systems suck at that too.. and the military recognizes it...

there is a reason that 18D's (special operations medics) do their practicals at major metro civilian trauma hospitals and have done so for a very, very, long time...

when its time for SEAL, Special Forces, etc medics to move out of the classroom and into a live training environment, the school house has relationships built with several hospitals across the US.. they send the soon to be medics to trauma wards in Chicago, Memphis, Baltimore, etc.. places where they know they are going to see multiple gunshot victims, multiple stabbing victims, multiple amputations, etc every week... and let those guys train under the medical teams (civilian, private hospital teams) for a period of time..

they couldnt get the same frequency of event, or the same quality of teaching/training at a hospital on a military installation or at a VA facility..

Just post them in places like Chicago and divert gunshot victims to them. They'd be trained tout de suite.

this actually happens... and has been going on since at least the late 80's (Id assume it was going on before then as well.. but that pre-dates my time in service, so I'd be guessing)...

this actually happens... and has been going on since at least the late 80's (Id assume it was going on before then as well.. but that pre-dates my time in service, so I'd be guessing)...

The army before 2014 used to shoot livestock at Camp Bullis to train physicians and medics.

Federal agencies have been on his doorstep for years, ever since he bought Twitter. He already has half a dozen lawsuits against his companies.

I think that is the real reason he went full MAGA. It all started when Biden had an EV summit at the White house and did not invite Tesla even though at the time the big 3 had shipped maybe a few dozens of EV vehicles compared to Tesla's millions. They didn't invite Musk because he had non union labor at his plants.

They also canceled his $900M Starlink contract with FCC for rural locations saying it was not reliable enough but were the first ones to ask for it for disaster areas.
Agreed

Elon wasn’t invited because of lack of union voting block & the feds were not happy about him shutting down the propaganda/censorship machine that was twitter.

Again you make a good point with starlink …. He sent many systems to Ukraine so they could have communication and thus use the drones to make all those televised kills; and to my knowledge has yet to be compensated for the equipment he sent to Ukraine.

Most importantly though- The Biden administration really didn’t like him exposing how 3 letter agencies had a direct censorship connection to twitter & Facebook executives.

Remember that signed letter stating that …

“Hunters laptop had all the hallmarks of Russian disinformation”

When they actually knew it was 100% authentic.

I think the problem with their table is it only accounts for the actual dollar impact of the intended actions.. and not the effect on the actual economy, which would in fact have a huge impact on the national debt (i.e. lower tax rates.. which encourages greater economic activity, which results in greater numbers of dollars being generated in taxes...)...

it also doesnt account for Trumps intention to slash the hell out of the federal government.. labor is one of the single biggest contributors to our national debt.. it costs a hell of a lot of money to pay for the 87K new IRS agents Biden hired.. and to maintain the wages of the 68,000 employees of the US State Department... or the 35,000 employees of the FBI... or the Dept of Veterans Affairs (wholly ineffective agency) that has 400,000 employees (most people dont realize that the DAV employs almost 20% of the entire US Fed Govt civilian workforce)..

Assuming a Trump win... and assuming he does indeed appoint Musk to head up a task force thats sole purpose is making the US Fed Govt efficient (a la Twitter conversion to X...)... I would suspect that hundreds of billions of dollars would be saved annually on wages alone... and God only knows how much would be saved in closing down facilities that are just sitting out on the ledgers, getting funded every year.. but not being used, etc..etc..

Granted, thats going to put A LOT of former US Govt employees in the unemployment line.. and likely be disruptive to the economy in a completely different way (to be honest, I work with the US Fed Govt daily.. and am less than impressed by the work ethic, knowledge, and skills of the overwhelming majority of the people I interface with... there are some I'd hire the minute their resumes hit the street... but there are A LOT that I wouldnt pay minimum wage to, to wash our windows..)...
Old saying: "If you can't get a real job you can always work for the govt." Look at govt employees at any level from city to fed and the inefficiency and incompetency level is appalling.

FB_IMG_1729473512700.jpg

Its not just a problem of size.. its a problem of quality... while there are exceptions, as a rule the VA and all of the other fed gov health care systems suck.. they have poor quality people.. poor quality facilities.. poor quality record keeping (I could go on and on and on)...

I agree with you in regard to quality. VA hospitals in my area are clients. A few times we had to go to the roof, going through corridors where patient rooms are. I have never seen a hospital so dirty, there were even puddles of urine at spots. Then, there is the physical plant, I can see it not being spic and span. However, those were even dirtier than a baghouse at a steel plant. They also had more custodial employees than other places I have been.

Courtesy of The Babylon Bee
Ways that Trump is like Hitler
  1. Mein Kampf is German for The Art Of The Deal: Some people may try to tell you that's not the correct translation, but that's just revisionist history.
  2. Both were called Hitler by their political opponents: Obviously not a coincidence.
  3. If you rearrange the letters in "Trump" (while eliminating the U, M, and P and adding H, I, L, and E) it spells "Hitler": Things like this don't just happen by chance.
  4. Both briefly worked at McDonald's: Hitler reportedly loved serving up nein-piece Chicken McNuggets.
  5. They have the exact same mustache but Trump's is blonde so you can't see it: Trust us.
  6. WW2 and January 6th were basically the same: If you don't believe J6 was that bad, you can subscribe to The Babylon Bee and watch a documentary that will prove it.
  7. Hitler was a painter and Trump one time did pottery in a commercial: This is no accident.
  8. Both had cameos in major films: Trump in Home Alone 2, Hitler in Blitzkrieg Of Poland, which are essentially the same.
  9. Hitler also got two scoops of ice cream when journalists only got one: The true mark of a genocidal fascist.

So what portion of the things Trump says do you think are true? Do we disbelieve the things that come out of his mouth that praise dictators and tyrants, disbelieve his own words about suspension of the Constitution, disbelieve his denigration of service members, but believe the things he says about being the only person who can save the country?

I’m sure it’s all just locker room talk, right?

I challenge you to name a single politician in history that has not engaged in the use of hyperbole to make their arguments. You would be remiss to confuse Trump's occasional hyperbolic rhetoric with flat-out bold face lies that the left makes their living from...

I specific regard to his "praise" for dictators, tyrants, and suspension of the Constitution, you would again be remiss to if you listen only to the sound bites the left loves to take out of context at every opportunity... The degradation of service members you refer to has been debunked for quite a while now, along with the "bloodbath" comment, Charlottsville, Russian Collusion, etc,.. You would be well served to consider the sources of this crap and their collective agendas before making your assertions...

1729796509724.png

The Bee is on a roll today
1729796685651.png

Probably. Trump made good on a what...30-yo promise to move the US embassy to Jerusalem? Brokered the Abraham Accords? I imagine support for Biden or Harris is pretty thin in Israel.

And yet I'd be willing to bet my next paycheck that the overwhelming majority of not just Israeli-Americans, but also Jewish voters in general will pull the lever for Harris rather than Trump in a couple of weeks..

And yet I'd be willing to bet my next paycheck that the overwhelming majority of not just Israeli-Americans, but also Jewish voters in general will pull the lever for Harris rather than Trump in a couple of weeks..
No disagreement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NelsonH822

Latest profile posts

LIMPOPO NORTH SAFARIS wrote on RStien321's profile.
Dear RStien321

I noticed your thread this morning.

We would be thrilled to assit you as mentioned in my comment on your thread.

We as Limpopo North Safaris has numerous areas in limpopo that vary between 10 000 to 24 000 acres that we hunt that has all of the animals on your wish list furthermore we have great deal on cull buffalo cows and bulls.

Please let me know if you might be intrested.

Regards
Sampie
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia