Votes: 24 47.1%
  • Love it, but it's too expensive

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • On the fence, could go either way

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Not worth the price at all, I'll stick with what I'm using

Votes: 13 25.5%

• Total voters
@HankBuck - At some point, it's the responsibility of the hunter to make ethical shots resulting in quickly dispatching game. All other things being equal, TSS is just better. Yes, you will pay a little more in price per shell. But when it comes to the field, are you really paying more? IGS and I go through a bunch of shells but drop a bunch of birds too. Mostly what I see are guys using steel, bismuth and blends shooting two and three times at the same bird and then it still needs a finishing shot. So, are they really saving money?

I handed a couple of guys in NY some TSS shells while we were hunting in the field in layout blinds. EVERY SINGLE ONE of them said the birds dropped quicker! They couldn't believe the difference. I'm not sure if they are investing in TSS now or not, but I am positive that they know the difference. TSS just hits different. Once you experience it, you will never forget it.

Look at this video and let me know how far off the bird is and if it was in range of steel, bismuth or blends with the same results.

Hunting is hunting, whether it's goose, whitetail or Cape buffalo. Would you use an un-bonded cup-and-core bullet on a buffalo hunt because Swift A-Frames or Barnes TSX are too expensive...of course not. Concerned about the volume of shots adding up to big $$$ while waterfowling, be more selective about the shots you do take. Leave the sky-blasting to the armatures.

It's not an easy decision, I get it. It's financial, it's ethics and a whole lot more as well. There is no perfect answer that fits for everyone.

When you’re sitting in the blind, add up all the costs of the equipment and the to get you there and back. Ammunition just isn’t a big costs overall to most, particularly compared to performance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmersonU10

Latest profile posts

LIMPOPO NORTH SAFARIS wrote on RStien321's profile.
Dear RStien321

I noticed your thread this morning.

We would be thrilled to assit you as mentioned in my comment on your thread.

We as Limpopo North Safaris has numerous areas in limpopo that vary between 10 000 to 24 000 acres that we hunt that has all of the animals on your wish list furthermore we have great deal on cull buffalo cows and bulls.

Please let me know if you might be intrested.

Regards
Sampie
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia