Politics

Probably the best example of the above is Warren Buffet, who lives in his "sh7tty" little house and drives his "crappy old car" and occasionally eats a "mediocre hotdog" from Dairy Queen.

This sounds boring AF. So why be rich if you are going to live life you are poor. I rather be like Jimmy John and buy a bunch of governors tags.

If Israel does declare victory and suspended the war, what will happen to the remaining hostages? Provided any are still alive.

This will not happen if there are hostages. As long as their are hostages, Israel is at war.

I think Hamas has refused to negotiate up to now, maybe they will be willing to come to the table now that the top 3 leaders are at room temperature.
They have assumed room temperature in the next life, as well...

Polymarket has mover to 62.4% Trump and 37.6% Harris just since my last post. Also Fox's new poll, which Silver rates highly as unbiased, has flipped to 50% Trump and 48% Harris. If that is accurate and if that holds through election day, Trump will get over 300 electoral votes.

Fingers crossed

This sounds boring AF. So why be rich if you are going to live life you are poor. I rather be like Jimmy John and buy a bunch of governors tags.

Because you’re supposed to work? And if you pick a good or service society needs, you’re doing your part while gaining affluence?

Buffet actually likes investing and thinks “toys” are a distraction from his passion. Elon Musk doesn’t even own a home, he thinks fancy real estate is a distraction from his primary endeavors.

Fingers crossed

Not within a the “margin of cheat”. Trump needs to be up +4 in battleground states to counter felons, harvested ballots, and ineligible voters that pull the lever anyway. A few states purged their voting rolls which is good, but Trump needs: FL, GA, PA, MI, WI, AZ. A surprise in any State will be problematic.

Because you’re supposed to work? And if you pick a good or service society needs, you’re doing your part while gaining affluence?

Buffet actually likes investing and thinks “toys” are a distraction from his passion. Elon Musk doesn’t even own a home, he thinks fancy real estate is a distraction from his primary endeavors.
All well and good but there’s something to enjoying the fruits of your labor. If you’re a billionaire and you are eating bologna sandwiches to save a buck your priorities are a little out of whack.

There is a very calculated reason Buffet drives the old car and portrays himself as a sweet old man.....

Public perception, because he is cut throat as hell and it's easier to get one over on people with an unthreatening smile.

Example - One of Buffets granddaughters was interviewed for a movie called "Born Rich" where an heir to the Johnson & Johnson fortune made a documentary about him and his friends that grew up in extreme wealth.

Buffets grand daughter gave a really good interview and expressed how her family paid for everything through school but she had to earn her own keep and works as a nanny for another wealthy family.

She was well spoken, mature and honest. I thought "Wow Buffet must be proud of her!"

WRONG!.... He disowned his grand daughter for participating in the interview and did so with a REALLY shitty letter, which she later shared in the documentary.

It's really an inciteful film.

Remember - the Uber wealthy spend LOTS of money having people sculpt their public image.

There is a very calculated reason Buffet drives the old car and portrays himself as a sweet old man.....

Public perception, because he is cut throat as hell and it's easier to get one over on people with an unthreatening smile.

Example - One of Buffets granddaughters was interviewed for a movie called "Born Rich" where an heir to the Johnson & Johnson fortune made a documentary about him and his friends that grew up in extreme wealth.

Buffets grand daughter gave a really good interview and expressed how her family paid for everything through school but she had to earn her own keep and works as a nanny for another wealthy family.

She was well spoken, mature and honest. I thought "Wow Buffet must be proud of her!"

WRONG!.... He disowned his grand daughter for participating in the interview and did so with a REALLY shitty letter, which she later shared in the documentary.

Remember - the Uber wealthy spend LOTS of money having people sculpt their public image.
All is not gold that glitters.

This was the point I was trying to make. He is extremely smart, but not someone I admire.

With Sinwar's elimination there is an opportunity to bring an end to the war in Gaza. What I find hard to believe is that he was casually wandering around without his shield of hostages, to be chanced upon by an Israeli patrol. Makes no sense. It wouldn't surprise me if his own gave him up for a reward, or just to get him out of the way so they can negotiate.
Sinwar's younger brother is next in line and he supposedly is even more bloodthirsty than Sinwar.

First it's interest rate cuts at election time, then it's increase in jobs, and then hidden away were the violent crime figures. It's sad that the FBI, the Fed and Bureau of Labor Statistics and probably others parts of the federal government are just entrenched power addicts. I liked it better when the Mafia ran the country.

For some guys, accumulation isn't a means to an end, it's the end itself.

For most of the guys on this board, it's a means, not an end. Different strokes for different folks.

I’m kind of ambivalent when it comes to Warren Buffett. But I’ve got midwestern roots. Those midwestern folks that endured the Great Depression are a different sort. Tend to be very frugal, I.e. cheapskate tight asses. And since he was born in 1930, perhaps that explains it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StarMajors

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Shaker Crew | Kids Sweatshirt
https://www.braveactiveco.com/products/knit-sweatshirt
Comfortable and premium quality Knit Sweatshirt. Our Knit Sweatshirt is crafted with our exquisite recycled fabric, ensuring a soft and lightweight feel.
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia