Politics

Couldn’t agree more! Those who write ballot questions have gotten very good at constructing the questions in a way to bias the outcome. Some are a verifiable torture of the English language constructed for no reason other than to deceive for a desired outcome.
Here was the exact wording of the ballot measure to repeal the gas tax increase in 2018:

Eliminates Recently Enacted Road Repair and Transportation Funding by Repealing Revenues Dedicated for those Purposes. Requires any Measure to Enact Certain Vehicle Fuel Taxes and Vehicle Fees be Submitted to and Approved by the Electorate. Initiative Constitutional Amendment.”

Which isn’t too difficult to parse if one is somewhat educated or pays attention to elections but that’s obviously more the exception than the rule.

What Becerra chose to not say was “repeal the gas tax” in language that the majority of voters could easily understand.

And this not what we were hoping for....if correct going to cause some instability in countries around here....

Here was the exact wording of the ballot measure to repeal the gas tax increase in 2018:

Eliminates Recently Enacted Road Repair and Transportation Funding by Repealing Revenues Dedicated for those Purposes. Requires any Measure to Enact Certain Vehicle Fuel Taxes and Vehicle Fees be Submitted to and Approved by the Electorate. Initiative Constitutional Amendment.”

Which isn’t too difficult to parse if one is somewhat educated or pays attention to elections but that’s obviously more the exception than the rule.

What Becerra chose to not say was “repeal the gas tax” in language that the majority of voters could easily understand.
Common to hide meaning in bureaucratic insider lingo with embedded candy nuggets laced together by run-on sentence structure and double negatives. Absolutely tortures the language for no purpose other than deceit.

Last edited:
Did anyone else see the very graphic anti-abortion ads on TV recently? I saw one this weekend. Very graphic and a powerful message. The liberal, pro-abortion crowd is outraged. The truth apparently hurts.

ABC aired these with a warning and disclaimer before and after the ad.

Last edited:
Regarding California and it's various ballot propositions. I believe this is an example of democracy run amuck. And a very good reason why the founding fathers of the United States set the country up as a Republic.

You just cannot have a sensible and effective debate on all these various issues with the entire population. Even with social media, probably especially not with social media.

California may be the best example of the old adage of how every democracy fails once 50% of the voters figure out that they do not have to work but can rather vote to take from the other 50%.

Personally I think it has been more complicated than that. I still believe there is a substantial portion of the population that wants to do the right things. Many people still take personal pride in providing for their families and still get fulfillment out of working.

However there have been movements to undermine our Capitalist system. The democrat party has been the main tool used to chip away at our freeedoms and destroy those ethics. They have never been closer to accomplishing their handlers overall goals of destroying that old American way of life, Capitalism, and taking our God given freedoms. Those seeds of destruction were planted long ago and California seems be their poster child.

I consider myself reasonably versed in English, but this hurt my head reading it the first time through.

Did anyone else see the very graphic anti-abortion ads on TV recently? I saw one this weekend. Very graphic and a powerful message. The liberal, pro-abortion crowd is outraged. The truth apparently hurts.

ABC aired these with a warning and disclaimer before and after the ad.

Everyone ought to watch this type of stuff. Anyone who votes democrat or refuses to vote against democrats is condoning slaughter of the innocent. Bunch of murderers. This ought to infuriate anyone who has a modicum of decency.

Yet corn chips, tortillas, ect are at record prices and continuing to increase......

The corn you eat is not the corn that animals eat or is used in ethanol production. So the record harvest that is driving those prices down may not be in the people corn.

The corn you eat is not the corn that animals eat or is used in ethanol production. So the record harvest that is driving those prices down may not be in the people corn.

Im hoping its in the deer corn lol... Im buying north of 50 forty pound bags of that stuff every year! :)

Im hoping its in the deer corn lol... Im buying north of 50 forty pound bags of that stuff every year! :)

Don't count on it too much. That article already touched on that farmers will start holding their corn to get prices back up.

Don't count on it too much. That article already touched on that farmers will start holding their corn to get prices back up.
Yep... I have a degree in agriculture so I'm aware of the difference between field(aka dent corn) and sweet corn.

Sweet corn is second only to tomatoes in produced crops for processing; and is grown in all 50 states including the same states where field corn is grown.

Pretty sure it’s field corn that goes into tortillas, etc..

Common to hide meaning in bureaucratic insider lingo with embedded candy nuggets laced together by run-on sentence structure and double negatives. Absolutely tortures the language for no purpose other than deceit.
CA DA had to change the language twice per court order prior to the voting as well. Imagine how convoluted it was prior to the changes.

However there have been movements to undermine our Capitalist system. The democrat party has been the main tool used to chip away at our freeedoms and destroy those ethics. They have never been closer to accomplishing their handlers overall goals of destroying that old American way of life, Capitalism, and taking our God given freedoms. Those seeds of destruction were planted long ago and California seems be their poster child.
CA legislators even tried a wealth tax and also keep taxing people for a number of years after they leave CA. For example if someone came from out of state to study at USC, and then took a job at another state then CA would collect taxes on his income regardless of his current residency status.

Those measures barely failed, but might pass in the future.:rolleyes:

CA legislators even tried a wealth tax and also keep taxing people for a number of years after they leave CA. For example if someone came from out of state to study at USC, and then took a job at another state then CA would collect taxes on his income regardless of his current residency status.

Those measures barely failed, but might pass in the future.:rolleyes:
My youngest stepson is thinking about USC and UCLA. Really smart kid, but he doesn't want to hear it.

My youngest stepson is thinking about USC and UCLA. Really smart kid, but he doesn't want to hear it.
Great schools, parents were both UCLA grads and my dad and uncle got their Phds from there as well. They were mad when I applied and got accepted to USC and did not consider UCLA at all.

Ended up going to Purdue instead as I couldn't get on campus housing at USC and at that time as a high school grad I did not know how to drive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vehiclerevolution

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia