Politics

And yet I'd be willing to bet my next paycheck that the overwhelming majority of not just Israeli-Americans, but also Jewish voters in general will pull the lever for Harris rather than Trump in a couple of weeks..
One of the biggest complaints about recent wave of immigrants is the fact that they have not assimilated into being Americans.

At the same time, it is mentioned that Jewish Americans should support a candidate that supports Israel more than the other candidate.

And we also complain when people like Ilhan Omar support Israel's enemies.

I don't think we should have it both ways. Now, in this case it is in America's interest to support Israel just like it is in our interest to support Ukraine and Taiwan. Unfortunately, just like everything else foreign policy has become more divisive and political.

I dont disagree with you at all...

Im simply pointing out that people tend to vote in a manner that supports their self interest, and rarely consider whats in the best interest of the country at large...

clearly Harris and the D party in general at this point have very little to offer most American-Israeli nationals or Jewish voters in general that would appeal to them on a self interest level..

and yet they will by in large vote for Harris and down the D ticket...

you are a successful businessman and business owner... I doubt you would support a candidate that you thought would purposefully make moves that would do significant damage to your industry or that would run on a platform that you were convinced would do long term harm to your business.. it wouldnt be in your interest to do so.. whether you thought overall they might be better for the country at large..

One of the biggest complaints about recent wave of immigrants is the fact that they have not assimilated into being Americans.

At the same time, it is mentioned that Jewish Americans should support a candidate that supports Israel more than the other candidate.

And we also complain when people like Ilhan Omar support Israel's enemies.

I don't think we should have it both ways. Now, in this case it is in America's interest to support Israel just like it is in our interest to support Ukraine and Taiwan. Unfortunately, just like everything else foreign policy has become more divisive and political.
That's sort of the point.

We have enough home-grown people who don't hold to the principles of Locke, Montesquieu, and the rest of the liberal/enlightenment thinkers. We don't need to import more of them. Our population has increased by just under 50% since 1980, and with our low TFR of well under 2.1 for that whole time, 100% (more when you realize our population would have declined) of our population growth is immigration. No country on earth can withstand that without turning into something other than (worse than) it was.

Calvin Coolidge said:
About the Declaration there is a finality that is exceedingly restful. It is often asserted that the world has made a great deal of progress since 1776, that we have had new thoughts and new experiences which have given us a great advance over the people of that day, and that we may therefore very well discard their conclusions for something more modern. But that reasoning can not be applied to this great charter. If all men are created equal, that is final. If they are endowed with inalienable rights, that is final. If governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed, that is final. No advance, no progress can be made beyond these propositions. If anyone wishes to deny their truth or their soundness, the only direction in which he can proceed historically is not forward, but backward toward the time when there was no equality, no rights of the individual, no rule of the people. Those who wish to proceed in that direction can not lay claim to progress. They are reactionary. Their ideas are not more modern, but more ancient, than those of the Revolutionary fathers. - 4 July 1926

I live in a county that 20 years ago was the reddest county in the US. Tom DeLay was our congressman. There has been such a massive influx of Asians that in 2016, my county voted for HRC. We didn't change, we've been overrun.

Politics is downstream of culture. Nearly all of our immigrants come from rotten, fetid cultures. They're coming here and without realizing it, turning this into the place they left.

If you whack your thumb with a hammer, you don't equalize things by whacking the other thumb.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichalStep

Latest profile posts

LIMPOPO NORTH SAFARIS wrote on RStien321's profile.
Dear RStien321

I noticed your thread this morning.

We would be thrilled to assit you as mentioned in my comment on your thread.

We as Limpopo North Safaris has numerous areas in limpopo that vary between 10 000 to 24 000 acres that we hunt that has all of the animals on your wish list furthermore we have great deal on cull buffalo cows and bulls.

Please let me know if you might be intrested.

Regards
Sampie
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia