New Lipseys M77 .35 Whelen

After it loads that file but before you post it. You should be able to click "insert" and then "full image".
Very nice. But that is the ugliest 35 Whelen I have ever seen;)

My apologies... I was not posting to the thread, just figuring out the picture thing... will edit and remove... tough crowd.

My apologies... I was not posting to the thread, just figuring out the picture thing... will edit and remove... tough crowd.
Take a joke! ;)

Wanna see the ugly rifle!

I am so envious of you guys who got these rifles! I want one of these in the worst way, but I need to sell a rifle first in order to fund one.

I already have a M77 tang safety in 25-06 and a MKII in 30-06. Owning a Hawkeye in 35 whelen would be the perfect addition to my collection.
You “need” it!
Just an enabler with multiple.35 Whelens.

my needs were three firearms in 1955-56, my wants now number over 200 and i still want a few more.

Been there done that... but had an epiphany and streamlined (somewhat)... new rule, if one comes in, another goes out... sharpens the focus and clarifies the desire. At it's worse, I spent all my time managing the herd and never had anything ready to actually go to field... what with the constant load development, and scope and stock swapping and customization etc... now a days, everything is ready to go, and I can breath again. Lol.

Been there done that... but had an epiphany and streamlined (somewhat)... new rule, if one comes in, another goes out... sharpens the focus and clarifies the desire. At it's worse, I spent all my time managing the herd and never had anything ready to actually go to field... what with the constant load development, and scope and stock swapping and customization etc... now a days, everything is ready to go, and I can breath again. Lol.
I can see some wisdom in there......

But somehow every time I sell two, I seem to end up with 3 more;)

I can see some wisdom in there......

But somehow every time I sell two, I seem to end up with 3 more;)

It does take determination and discipline... I motivate myself by prioritizing experience over "stuff." Now if I was independently wealthy... I would likely be a mess and building an addition to house the horde! Lol... don't get me wrong, I ain't no "one gun" hunter... not by a long shot... I enjoy caressing blued steel and Walnut too much... oops, did I say that out loud? But everything in moderation... except hunting of course... for that GO WILD!

You know I have reached contentment many times and told myself, I am good with what I have and maybe I will work on thinning the herd, then something else comes along and that plan goes to heck in a handbag, I am coveting that ruger in .35 whelen and the one in 6.5x55 but having recently retired I just can’t, especially since the pine squirrels ate the wiring on my outboard engine on my fishing boat, now I gotta get a new motor and they cost more than I paid for the boat, motor and trailer, I am thinking at this point I just need a sugar Momma to pay for my addictions.

... since the pine squirrels ate the wiring on my outboard engine on my fishing boat, now I gotta get a new motor and they cost more than I paid for the boat, motor and trailer, I am thinking at this point I just need a sugar Momma to pay for my addictions.

I support your plan... sugar momma it is... a cougary one.

I built a new guide boat last year, and they ain't cheap!

@hoytcanon
Man that's motoring. 200fps faster than the Whelen.
She would get the 280 swift moving and the 310s would be up around 2,700fps or better.
Bob

I somehow missed your point here... are you saying you are getting 2940 with 225's in the Whelen? How the heck are you doing that? I think a PM is in order. Thanks, Bob.

Yeh, just before I retired I installed a new Yamaha 115 four stroke, and rerigged a 25’ pacific skiff and I am glad it wasn’t on my nickel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KellyTang4

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia